Is there any free software to convert .jpg to .doc

Atnes

Hello to All, does anyone know of a reasonably good free software to convert jpg. files to .doc files? Something that would perhaps functionally resemble the Abby Fine Reader?

Hope there is something out there :rolleyes: !

Thank you for your suggestions!

Best, Atnes

Couldn't you just paste it into word/openoffice and save it as a .doc?

Interesting question which I have also wondered about. It is also an answer which I have never tried...

Unfortunately Word saves the image as an image, not as text as I assume Atnes mean't. Thus my image of a web page saves as a .doc file turns out like this, with a right click of the mouse to show its an image.

72jkio8.jpg

Interesting question which I have also wondered about. It is also an answer which I have never tried...

Unfortunately Word saves the image as an image, not as text as I assume Atnes mean't. Thus my image of a web page saves as a .doc file turns out like this, with a right click of the mouse to show its an image.

Yes, exactly; Words saves it just asan image and basta. It would be very practical though to have the option of scanning a text (typically it saves as picture)and then converting this 'picture' back into the text again in order to be able to process it furter...(f.i. you have a certain piece of text only on paper / hard copy., like a looooong list of recommended literature, bibliography etc., usually rather meticulously equipped with all possible punctuation marks, diacritcs etc.) and which you need to add / insert at the end of an article or similar and most probably even complete it with your own suggestions. The Abby Fine Reader Program did / does this (converting :rolleyes: ), but as much as I know, there is no free version available. ;) Or?

Best, Atnes

• Moderators

Now I get it. You want image to text conversion. I have a program that came with my scanner for free that does this(haven't ever tried it though.) The type of program this is called is an OCR. Try googling for a free one and maybe something will come up.

Now I get it. You want image to text conversion. I have a program that came with my scanner for free that does this(haven't ever tried it though.) The type of program this is called is an OCR. Try googling for a free one and maybe something will come up.

Unfortunately, nothing has come up yet. :( I hate computers too! <_<

Best, Atnes