my GF's computer is rebooting itself!

New_Age

i copied from here

hi, i had my GF's computer working all fine until she started messing with it. i have all the updates installed. it normally froze when i tried to run the Windows Update Site. next i had a svchost.exe processor giving 50% to 99% CPU Usage. now that doesn't happen i don't believe but for some reason when i was talking to her through Yahoo messenger the computer just froze and she had to restart the computer again.

idk... the issue maybe Drivers or Hardware. heck... maybe even OS.

Specs. on her computer

Windows Xp Professional Sp2 (All updates Installed)

Intel Celeron 500mhz

320MB SDRAM Slot one:64MB Slot two:256MB

Western Digital 28.6GB HDD

Onboard Intel 810 11MB but the current latest drivers say 32MB Onboard??!!! weird and odd :unsure:

please help me somebody

Note: right before we headed to her house with the computer i tested it one more time and it took a long time for the Windows Update site to detect or scan the hardware but it never finished and it didn't freeze up. normally i saw the computer freeze with a matter of 10min. or so. also i think this freezing up issue started when i installed FireFox.

UPDATE since that topic: she uninstalled FireFox and installed Maxthon for lower memory usage. now i think it is the IDE Cables or some of the Power connectors either getting moved around or the IDE Cables are in contact with the Power Connector wires. i ask her if she moved the case and she said probably. so i guess that's a yes knowing her but now i talked to her for atleast an hour and her computer never rebooting or froze up.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

the 64MB SDRAM stick was old and that was causing the System to freeze i suppose. i took it out. she now only has 256MB but that's good for now until i can order another stick of 256MB.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8