Comodo Pro v3 is out!

slowday444

Would you guys recommend comodo firewall if you are running vista home premium ?

Just want some advice....

I recommend The newest version, the previous two "final" releases were too early. Just be sure to put the Defense+ on training mode for awhile, or you get

popups just for breathing! ;)

Webroot is another good firewall with a decent HIPS component...but it has weird GUI glitches: can't "shift-select" or clear the firewall logs.

PC tools firewall is ok, but I'd recommend the other two much more.

I disagree on Defense+. If you put it in training mode for a couple of days, then you shouldn't have a problem.

Depends. if your pc has only standard stuff, maybe you can get away with training mode, and even then you will have to answer quite a few prompts.

If you run a lot of stuff, you will need the clean PC mode... Hopefully your PC is really clean....

Of course if you constantly try new things and install new programs particularly the not so well known ones, you might have a big problems with prompts... Also it depends on how willing you are to answer prompts, most people on forums don't really state objectively what "a few", "a lot" of prompts mean, I suspect different people have different ideas of what counts as "a few", "a lot".....

Some guys I know think answering 3-5 prompts everytime they start something new isn't a lot of prompts, others shudder to try to answer even one...

Some guys I know think answering 3-5 prompts everytime they start something new isn't a lot of prompts, others shudder to try to answer even one...

Good point. Personally I've tried a number of HIPS and Firewalls with HIPS. As a rule of thumb if I find I'm clicking on the "Allow" button without reading the prompt, then I'm getting too many prompts and the "Protection" afforded by the HIPS is purely illusory. I'd probably automatically click "Allow" if I got any malware. Others may be more conscientious with prompts than I am. Different strokes for different folks. :rolleyes: