Scroll wheel on Logitech mouse

Capman

I bought a second hand computer for my parents today, it's not a brilliant spec but a lot better than what they had.

Only trouble is, it came with a Logitech scroll wheel mouse, but the scroll wheel is not working, the buttons work fine though.

It is not the mouse that should have been with the system, and has a usb plug on it which is plugging in to a ps2 socket with an adaptor.

I realise it could be a faulty mouse, but could it also be that I need to get a driver for it, I checked the logitech website, hoping to find a generic driver, but could not find one, or do I just need to change a setting in windows.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I bought a second hand computer for my parents today, it's not a brilliant spec but a lot better than what they had.

Only trouble is, it came with a Logitech scroll wheel mouse, but the scroll wheel is not working, the buttons work fine though.

It is not the mouse that should have been with the system, and has a usb plug on it which is plugging in to a ps2 socket with an adaptor.

I realise it could be a faulty mouse, but could it also be that I need to get a driver for it, I checked the logitech website, hoping to find a generic driver, but could not find one, or do I just need to change a setting in windows.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Check the logitech site for the model, etc. If there's a name that's similar it should still work.

Check the logitech site for the model, etc.  If there's a name that's similar it should still work.

I think that will be the best bet, only thing is I will have to go visit them again soon to find out the model number. Might do it tomorrow actually, there is a car for sale near them that i fancy, that is a subject for a totally different forum though.

I think that will be the best bet, only thing is I will have to go visit them again soon to find out the model number. Might do it tomorrow actually, there is a car for sale near them that i fancy, that is a subject for a totally different forum though.

Should be on the bottom of the mouse. That's all you need. It worked for my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (USB & PS/2)

Thanks Tarun,

BTW, as you know I signed up to your forum the other day, keep up the good work, you and DjLizard are invaluable.

Wish I knew about computers at your age as much as you do,,,,,,, wish I knew as much about computers at my age as you 2 do at your age.

Don't use logitech drivers. They aren't necessary (they suck - and they also install BackWeb Lite). Your scroll wheel doesn't work for a different reason...

Try Device Manager (right click My Computer>Manage>Device Manager) and expand 'Mice and other pointing devices', right click the listing for your mouse, choose Uninstall, click OK, then press F5 on the keyboard.

^ The above is assuming this system is Windows XP. If it's 98, then that's almost the reason it doesn't work (but similar steps may fix it - substituting 'Manage' for 'Properties').

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)