Trouble with Thunderbird

SkeeterBeeter

One of my workstations is a networked NT 4.0 Computer.

I have successfully installed FireFox Browser and I have installed Thunderbird but the Thunderbird wants me to enter password and whatever password I enter it gives me an error message that the password or user name is not correct.

I have to cancel which in turn, cancels the new message download.

I have imported the settings from OE 6.0 and the address book and I have set up the server settings to exactly as OE6.0.

I do have Admin. Rights but does anyone know if the firewall has anything to do with it. <_<

What kind of email are you using? Do you have the box that says use secure connection or something like that checked (SSL)?

I am using the box that says "direct download from internet"...

If I use the secure connection...Don't know what to put in?

• Moderators

It depends on the type of acount you using. I use gmail and you have to have that box checked. Also make sure you have your pop and smtp configured correctly. What kind of account are you using that way I can help tell you what settings you need.

It depends on the type of acount you using. I use gmail and you have to have that box checked. Also make sure you have your pop and smtp configured correctly. What kind of account are you using  that way I can help tell you what settings you need.

POP.nmia.com for incoming..

mail.nmia.com for outgoing..smtp

Is this what you mean by account?

I will play some more with the settings at work tomorrow and I will post .

I think (dangerous when thinking), if I click the SSL settings and play around in there I might get through...

Have you tried to set up an acount without importing your settings from OE? Try this and just import your address book after you get it working.

Haven't tried this , but sounds good..I will try tomorrow.I am at home now where everything on my computer is safe and secure.

I will uninstall then reinstall and start over without import settings from OE....I will post tomorrow....Thanks for the nudge .....I start early so I will be one of the earlybirds on this post.....

• Moderators

If your still have OE on your computer why dont you just copy all of your settings from their strait to thunderbird. Dont import them just use OE like a guide make sure all of the info is exactly the same. Sounds like you just dont have it configured correctly, you might have just missed something.

If your still have OE on your computer why dont you just copy all of your settings from their strait to thunderbird. Dont import them just use OE like a guide make sure all of the info is exactly the same. Sounds like you just dont have it configured correctly, you might have just missed something.

Tried this and I keep getting my bosses email settings which He is the host computer for three other computers.My computer does have a separate password and account name...etc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and created new account without import of settings . I copied every setting in OE6 and even copied the port settings .I haven't a clue to how to connect this baby.........

Calling my ISP tech and find out from his end if he can do anything. If not I am going to abort the installation of Thunderbird and stay with OE6.

At this point , it seems to be an issue fof enabling another account or something.He is really good at trouble shooting small and annoying problems really quick.

Thanx RRidgely for the input..

Consider this thread closed .......

Calling my ISP tech and find out from his end if he can do anything. If not I am going to abort the installation of Thunderbird and stay with OE6.

At this point , it seems to be an issue fof enabling another account or something.He is really good at trouble shooting small and annoying problems really quick.

Thanx RRidgely for the input..

Consider this thread closed .......

Let us know if you get everything fixed and such, please. :)

Problem solved.. :D

The incoming mail name pop.nmia.com was capitalized ( POP.nmia.com).

Funny how you can overlook the small things..

Don't sweat the small stuff.... :)

The password problem , I still don't know the deal...but its working and I am a happy camper.....

Problem solved.. :D

The incoming mail name pop.nmia.com was capitalized ( POP.nmia.com).

Funny how you can overlook the small things..

Don't sweat the small stuff.... :)

The password problem , I still don't know the deal...but its working and I am a happy camper.....

That does sound rather weird. O.o

Windows NT 4 is very old and you probably should consider upgrading the computer to Windows 2000, Windows XP or Linux.

If not, then be sure to use the latest service pack!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png