Download help needed

CCleaner works perfectly on Windows Me but the download won't run on XP Professional. I suspect there's a firewall somewhere I can't find. Both computers use Netscape ISP and Firefox. The XP computer has Yahoo and MSN messengers. I have disabled my pop-up blocker and SpyBot. I removed the Yahoo Toolbar. I'm running McAfee Virus Scan but not the firewall.

Advice, please. :rolleyes:

• Moderators
CCleaner works perfectly on Windows Me but the download won't run on XP Professional.  I suspect there's a firewall somewhere I can't find.  Both computers use Netscape ISP and Firefox.  The XP computer has Yahoo and MSN messengers.  I have disabled my pop-up blocker and SpyBot.  I removed the Yahoo Toolbar.  I'm running McAfee Virus Scan but not the firewall.

Advice, please. :rolleyes:

Where did you download from? Also I dought this is the problem but the windows firewall is in the security center in the control panel. also I suggest you go to the freeware section and download every spyware utility you dont have. Then go to download.com and get a free firewall called zone alarm, its free and dosent cause lots of headache.

Where did you download from? Also I dought this is the problem but the windows firewall is in the security center in the control panel. also I suggest you go to the freeware section and download every spyware utility you dont have. Then go to download.com and get a free firewall called zone alarm, its free and dosent cause lots of headache.

Thank you, Rridgely. I went to the Windows security center and put it on the lowest setting but I still cannot get a download of CCleaner to work on XP. I have downloaded--and removed before downloading the next copy--from Download.com, Majorgeeks.com and Filehippo.com. Do you have any further thoughts? :(

• Moderators

Happy to hear you got it to work, but make sure you go get those other programs and especially a firewall. This is the best free one:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/comp...kulist_download

Once you have it installed go to alerts and logs tab and click off so that it blocks all the bad stuff automatically and wont nag you to death about it.