How to: Fix the CCleaner Icon Deleter Issue

• Moderators

Are you able to use system restore to a time when your icons were there?

Are you able to do a repair of the icon cache?

Here a thread with some info on how to do that

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet...n-pictures.aspx

Did you have any other problems as well?

It is not really something that CCleaner does as it is quite a safe app, (although at the moment I'm sure you don't feel that way!)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same issue arising--after downloading the latest version of CCleaner upon my Windows 2000 machine, and, installing it. Immediatel gone were almost...all icons--but, a handful. Then, after a Right-Click upon the Desktop, and, clicking Refresh--I did manage to get...MANY icons back, again. Gone were...dozens, however with ALL (almost) re-arranged in ways different from originally. And, since ALL OF the spacing and most of the locations had changed: maybe, some of them are off-page (somewhere...I don't know)?

Any...(all) "answers", appreciated (I haven't rebooted since this fresh...install--NOR, have I run the latest version...installed; only installing it).

God bless...always.

Hey...after my initial steps--having only four or five icons left after the CCleaner download and install--doing a Right Click upon the Desktop, and, doing a Refresh: bringing back some icons, different sizing and spacing with MANY missing items...1. I have found that putting a bunch of IE links (from off my Desktop)all into one...folder--creating SOME ROOM thereby--and, then, doing a Arrange Icons a couple of ways (I think; at least, by Type), I have them all...back, again!

The task of...re-arranging themselves (as before); for another...day, likely?

Thanks...always!!