"Unexpected Error" Is this a bug?

kboyd

Everytime I run CCleaner I get an, "Unexpected Error has occurred in CCleaner" and below that it says "Microsoft C++ Exception". I've tried removing CCleaner and re-downloading it, but I still get the same message. I've used CCleaner for about a year with no problems, but this message started appearing about 3 weeks ago. Anyone else have this problem or now what I can do to fix it?

Everytime I run CCleaner I get an, "Unexpected Error has occurred in CCleaner" and below that it says "Microsoft C++ Exception". I've tried removing CCleaner and re-downloading it, but I still get the same message. I've used CCleaner for about a year with no problems, but this message started appearing about 3 weeks ago. Anyone else have this problem or now what I can do to fix it?

I recently started receiving this error as well and uninstalled then reinstalled. Same thing error didn't go away. Also I rolled back the system 3 weeks just to see if it was a microsoft update problem. Same thing error didn't go away. I still get the same error every time I run cc cleaner and also when the system boots.

error desc follows:

Microsoft C++ Exception

CCleaner v2.00.500

MS Windows XP SP2

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz

2.0GB RAM

Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family

IT=4

ID=-1

PR=

DA=

RK=

RU=0

CK=0

SK=Cookies

VK=

VA=

CR=0

PF=0

I read another post in this forum about this as well.

The suggestion was that it was a corrupted cookie file

and to clean the cookies out with internet explorer.

That didn't work either.

It seems that I'm not the only one this is happening too.

Any suggestions?

Uptechi

It's always best to include the operating system info.