"unexpected error"

i have been a faithful user of the CCleaner and when i installed the new version it worked for a couple days but then it started to give me an error messege...saying that there is an unexpected error =

"Microsoft C++ Exception

CCleaner v2.01.507

MS Windows XP SP1

224MB RAM

ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X

IT=4

ID=-1

PR=

DA=

RK=

RU=0

CK=0

SK=Cookies

VK=

VA=

CR=0

PF=0

EI=0

FL=1"

Can any one tell me how to fix this error from happening or what i should do... thanks

I believe you might have a cookie file that is corrupted and is causing CCleaner to fail.

If you can detect which cookie file is corrupted then you can delete it manually, but because it might be difficult to really find out which one is corrupted, my best advice is to get rid of all your cookies using Internet Explorer's delete cookies. After this, you might not experience the problem again with CCleaner or until you get another corrupted cookie file...

I bet that the next version will fix this issue...

• 3 weeks later...
I believe you might have a cookie file that is corrupted and is causing CCleaner to fail.

If you can detect which cookie file is corrupted then you can delete it manually, but because it might be difficult to really find out which one is corrupted, my best advice is to get rid of all your cookies using Internet Explorer's delete cookies. After this, you might not experience the problem again with CCleaner or until you get another corrupted cookie file...

I bet that the next version will fix this issue...

hello everybody

i'm french and i use CCleaner since the begininning (very special thank for your work !!! :)))

i had the same problem since yesterday "microsoft c++ exception"

it was a cookie from ie7 (not from firefox), so i deleted manually as explained ... it works !! very thank ! :)

OK so I am a bit thick :blink:

I have the same problem but can someone tell me how I can use IE's delete cookies. Keep looking but I can't find out where that option is!

I am probably just being super thick so appolgies in advance, but |I really am missing running CCleaner on start up for 2 weeks now!