Secure deletion

Rob Dickson

I realise that CCleaner already has several secure options. Normally these don't interest me, because I just use CCleaner for a clean PC, not because I'm worried about people recovering deleted files.

However, sometimes I would like to securely delete particular files. This is, of course possible, by deleting the file as normal, changing the deletion option in CCleaner, running CCleaner, and then changing the deletion option back again.

I was just wondering whether a "Securely delete with CCleaner" right-mouse-click option in Windows Explorer, or a "Securely empty recycle bin" right-mouse-click option on the recycle bin, might be possible.

Thanks for a brilliant program.

as long as you can disable it on the installation screen, like the other sub-menu options for CCleaner.. ;)

cause I won't be using that feature, and I don't like having a bunch of extra unneeded sub-menu options

sounds like a good idea though B)

as long as you can disable it on the installation screen, like the other sub-menu options for CCleaner.. ;)

cause I won't be using that feature, and I don't like having a bunch of extra unneeded sub-menu options

Same here. I already use Eraser for right click erasing and it does a better job of it than CCleaner anyway

I haven't come across Eraser before, but would rather not install even more software on my PC.
That's your choice of course but as of present Eraser does this, CCleaner doesn't. Plus if erasing for privacy reasons Eraser has a far better secure deletion method than CCleaners current method (erasing filenames for example rather than just renaming which I REALLY wish would be added to CCleaner).