registry backup

voxpop

hi

i just came aboard and frankly this program scares the *crap* out of me. i only received the offer to backup on one list and not on the 2nd and 3rd. when i clicked on cleanup or whatever it said the popup said this will permanently remove these files. NOTHING about backing up.

can someone straighten me out on this?

thanx, voxpop

ps i don't know what half the stuff is they found so i dont know if i should clean it up or not

You only get the "back up" prompt on the "Issues" scan, which cleans the registry. This is the only function that has a remote chance of removing something that could cause a major problem. I always remove everything that comes up in that scan, but I've never needed to restore any of the backups. The other scan just removes temp files, which you can easily do without.

You only get the "back up" prompt on the "Issues" scan, which cleans the registry. This is the only function that has a remote chance of removing something that could cause a major problem. I always remove everything that comes up in that scan, but I've never needed to restore any of the backups. The other scan just removes temp files, which you can easily do without.

THANX greenknight..it's just that it came up with everything but the kitchen sink that i figured i must need SOMETHING in there..lol

i shall get to cleaning..thanx again