just Got it

Steve-OH

• Moderators
just down loaded and ran cc - now what it came up with a ton of check marks if i fix all will my computer be wippppped clean - that I don't want

Steve-oh

No it only removes stuff like internet history, recently opened stuff, scan logs from other programs. It is safe to remove everything, also it will remove invalid registry keys most of which come from uninstalling programs.

No it only removes stuff like internet history, recently opened stuff, scan logs from other programs. It is safe to remove everything, also it will remove invalid registry keys most of which come from uninstalling programs.

so your saying is click analyse - when done (I checked windows - all boxs checked green (except advance), - in applications - everything was checked green, inissues - ran scan for issues - a ton of green checked boxe showed.

Now if I go back to window and applications and click on "run cleaner" then go to issues and click on "fix selected issues" my computer will be ok...

FYI - I also use "AD-Ware", "Microsoft antispyware", Spybot - Search and distroy" and "3S System Security Suite 1.04" - is CCleaner same as but better than 3S. I have know problems with any of these.

You won't believe this but I been in the computer business before apple went public

and the only small computer on the market was a "PET", no internet, modems were cranking along at 300 baud and only thing around were bullitin boards...

regards ---

Steve-oh

• Moderators

Ok, what you do to run CCleaner right is close all windows and open it up. Then click run cleaner under the windows tab (opened when first started up) you can see what it removes it removes all of the junk from Internet Explorer and other programs not the program itself. Then go to the applications tab and press run cleaner this removes stuff like scan logs from antivirus programs and Firfox if you use it. Then go to the issues tab and click analyze this removes old registry keys and file associations that are not used for anything, these are left usually after uninstalling programs. You will not loose any data or programs by using CCleaner just crap that slows down your pc.

I looked up 3S and it looks to be about the same as CCleaner (below is a description and a link). I suggest you just use CCleaner. Anyone else on this forum look at this program and let us know what you think.

System Security Suite

System Security Suite (3S) is the program to remove internet tracks and junk files from your computer. It allows you to delete Cookies, clear Internet Explorer Cache, delete index.dat Files, clear Typed URLs, Windows Temp Folder and much more. You can also specify custom folder locations with file masks, which will be cleaned in addition to the selected items. In addition, the program allows you to view and optionally remove programs that launch automatically at Windows startup as well as Browser Helper Objects.

http://www.igorshpak.net/