Uninstaller

hazelnut

• Moderators

I've been using it for several weeks and it does find a good chunk of an applications leftover files doing the scan after uninstall. Its scan after uninstall feature rarely finds stuff that doesn't pertain to an uninstalled app, however you do have to look at the list it provides, don't just merrily think everything is alright to delete. It's 200% better than it's commercial rival/competition called Cleanse Uninstaller. Softpedia.com did a rather favourable review of it here.

It has only failed once to uninstall an app which was just today on Sun Java Runtime Environment SE which was just updated, it kept launching the installer instead of the uninstaller. :rolleyes:

• Moderators
Just wondered if anyone had used this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Been using it since Andavari posted it on here a few weeks back. Link:

So far, it's always used the applications own uninstaller first, and then presented a good clear list after it scans for leftovers, with the clear choice of removing or leaving stuff you're not sure of.

I've been toying with idea of getting an uninstaller program.As I've been playing with a few freeware programs recently, and Im finding it a chore going through the registry,%temp%, & %appdata% all the time when I deceide I don't like it.

Do these uninstall app's work in the background constantly, or do you run them prior to installing a program?

Thanks.

• Moderators
I've been toying with idea of getting an uninstaller program.As I've been playing with a few freeware programs recently, and Im finding it a chore going through the registry,%temp%, & %appdata% all the time when I deceide I don't like it.

Do these uninstall app's work in the background constantly, or do you run them prior to installing a program?

Thanks.

The one in this thread you run simply when uninstalling.

ZSoft & TotalUninstall, used by quite a few here are both ran prior to installing a new program, so that they get a before and after snapshot of everything the new program writes to the hard drive.

TotalUninstall link is the last freeware version.

• Moderators

I almost passed on Revo Uninstaller after my experience with Cleanse Uninstaller, however after reading the Softpedia.com review I tried it and liked it enough to keep it installed. It's now my main uninstaller because of the leftovers it removes after the original uninstaller is run, it may not necessarily find everything however it's better than just using the original uninstaller alone. Oh yeah, if files are locked and can't be deleted it will schedule them to be deleted on the next reboot.