Cleaning computer screens

Anthony A

I use the little cloths that you get when you buy a pair of sunglasses. I use the "breath, fog, wipe" method, and works like a charm. No dust, no marks, no fingerprints. And I have three little monsters that are always poking my computer screens with their fingers.........

The screen that was giving me the lint problem does not like damp cloths of any kind. That was the problem. I now just use my microfiber dry and it works like a charm. If there is something on the screen that requires some moisture to clean this screen will get lint no matter what cloth I use so I have it follow with a dry cloth and that gets the lint off.

Believe me when I tell you I have tried many different microfibers on this particular screen and they all lint if they are damp or used with a solution. It's only this one screen though. Same cloths on my other screens and there is no lint. Thats why I started this thread because no matter what I kept getting lint on the one screen. As I said the fix has been to make sure the cloth is dry.

Some toilet paper moisted with some water.

Nothing else.

;)

Especially toilet paper is not good. Always use a microfiber cloth (made for optical systems). They are inexpensive. You can wash them many times. From Wikipedia: To clean a microfiber cloth, wash with warm soapy water and rinse well.

Especially toilet paper is not good. Always use a microfiber cloth (made for optical systems). They are inexpensive. You can wash them many times. From Wikipedia: To clean a microfiber cloth, wash with warm soapy water and rinse well.

Also never ever add fabric softener when washing microfiber it ruins them. I have several hundred microfiber towels. They are the only thing I use on my cars. I use whats called the CD test. If you cannot rub a CD with the towel without marring the CD that towel does not touch my paint.

• 2 weeks later...

For screen cleaning I advise only very light non wet cleaning. Computer screens have a very thin film coating to reduce reflections of your image in them when you work. Anything wet or too abrasive will over time remove the film and make it harder to read the screen.

• 2 weeks later...