CCleaner not cleaning Firefox Cache

genevastar

I'm running FireFox and Windows 98SE. I've been using CCleaner for a long time with no problem, until recently. Normally when I hit "Analyze", the list of items "To Be Deleted" would include the long list of "Internet Cache" items that had accumulated since my last run of CCleaner. A couple of days ago the Cache items were no longer listed, it only showed the Cookies, etc. that were to be deleted. I rechecked my choices of CCleaner options and they were correct. I then looked at the FireFox Cache and it contained several hundred items. I hit the "Run Cleaner" to see if they would be deleted in spite of not being listed. No such luck...they were still there, so I deleted them myself. Today I tried a reinstall of CCleaner to see if that would solve the problem...again, no such luck.

So that's where I stand, CCleaner is still doing it's thing, but refusing to empty the FireFox Cache. It's no big thing, I can still empty the Cache manually.

Anyone have any suggestions? - Thank You....

you said this never used to happen before.. do you know what changed? did you update CCleaner? what version are you using

maybe you actually are cleaning it, but don't realize it? make sure in options > advanced, you have show detailed log of Firefox files checked

otherwise, it won't show any of the cache files when you do a scan!

the only other thing I can think of, is FireFox is still running when you try to clean it. nothing will get cleaned if Firefox is still running in the background..

hit ctrl+alt+del and see if FireFox is listed in processes. if it is, then kill it. then try running CCleaner again

you said this never used to happen before.. do you know what changed? did you update CCleaner? what version are you using

maybe you actually are cleaning it, but don't realize it? make sure in options > advanced, you have show detailed log of Firefox files checked

otherwise, it won't show any of the cache files when you do a scan!

the only other thing I can think of, is FireFox is still running when you try to clean it. nothing will get cleaned if Firefox is still running in the background..

hit ctrl+alt+del and see if FireFox is listed in processes. if it is, then kill it. then try running CCleaner again

You hit upon it....I had recently updated CCleaner, during the update the Firefox "Show detailed log" became "unchecked" (probably by me, inadvertently) It's checked now and all is well.

Thanks for your timely response.....