How to Add an Application (Delete one as well)...

agoodfella

Can someone tell me how to "add" an Application to clean in the Applications tab? I'm not talking about adding a specific / custom folder, but is it possible to "add" an application (such as Photoshop) in the Applications tab?

Also, in the Applications Tab -> Applications there is an old program that no longer exists on my system but still shows up, is there any way to delete this program from showing up in the Applications?

Thanks

Can someone tell me how to "add" an Application to clean in the Applications tab? I'm not talking about adding a specific / custom folder, but is it possible to "add" an application (such as Photoshop) in the Applications tab?

Use a winapp2.ini ... see here

Also, in the Applications Tab -> Applications there is an old program that no longer exists on my system but still shows up, is there any way to delete this program from showing up in the Applications?

Each application listing is triggered by a specific registry key. Which application is it?

yeah, use the winapp2.ini for extra applications to clean.. if the application you have still isn't in there, you can request that they add it in there for you.. or you can script it into the file yourself, if you know how to do that ofcourse..

as for the uninstalled app that's still showing in CCleaner.. it would help if you told us what app it is.

try reading this thread, it's a similar problem, and might help you:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=12533

you might have to browse your Application Data folder, and manually clean out the program's files from there.

yeah, use the winapp2.ini for extra applications to clean.. if the application you have still isn't in there, you can request that they add it in there for you.. or you can script it into the file yourself, if you know how to do that ofcourse..

as for the uninstalled app that's still showing in CCleaner.. it would help if you told us what app it is.

try reading this thread, it's a similar problem, and might help you:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=12533

you might have to browse your Application Data folder, and manually clean out the program's files from there.

Thanks for all of the replies.

I wanted to add Photoshop CS3. Is that possible?

Thanks for all of the replies.

I wanted to add Photoshop CS3. Is that possible?

It's possible. You just have to find all the files and registry keys that need to be cleared, and write a winapp2.ini entry. Just follow the directions. You may be able to get a head start by looking at the winapp2.ini entires already developed for older versions of Photoshop.

It's possible. You just have to find all the files and registry keys that need to be cleared, and write a winapp2.ini entry. Just follow the directions. You may be able to get a head start by looking at the winapp2.ini entires already developed for older versions of Photoshop.

Thanks for the reply Glenn.

Unfortunately for me, I am a complete tech-idiot. I'd probably end up launching nukes over the pacific if I tried attempting anything close to the above.

• Moderators

I will see what I can do, but no promises. I don't have CS3, but from what I am guessing... I'm going to guess it's mostly embedded in the programs (more and more programs are doing that these days).

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key