Safe for SBS 2003?

petersot

As much as I would like to recommend this program, I can't.

First of all, it is in beta - so if the program screws up, you have no one to blame but yourself. Once it is released in a final product, it would most likely be alright.

Second - Even when it is finished, most Piriform products are for the Windows OSes that are for the home, such as XP, XP Pro, 2000 Pro, ME, and back. It might work, but you would be better off finding out from a moderator, or the owner (Mr.G) who knows the ins-and-outs of the programs.

On the two PC's I have at home...it has worked fine.

AJ

Speaking as an administrator of a SBS2003 network; I use CCleaner on SBS 2003 with no issues. I expect once Defraggler comes out of Beta it will also be safe for use on SBS2003. That said I would be sure to have a good backup the first time you run it and do it without people in the office. That way if any issues come up you can recover without causing any problems. Good luck.

Leland

:)

All good and sound advice.

I have 'inherited' a problem child SBS2003 that is highly fragmented, (12GB C: Partition) with only 200MB left over, it is very unstable. I have migrated/moved as much data as possible over to the D: (55GB) but it is running out of space quickly. It seems to be an original Dell 1800 and adding additional drives is nearly impossible bec it seems to be very finicky. Any ideas or tips would be warmly welcomed

I'm almost afraid to run the MS Defrag due to the fact it may take all night to run even on just 12GB partition, so I'm looking for something that can work well in this tight environment.

Thanks in advance for any additional insights :)