Latest Ashampoo free offer

hazelnut

• Moderators

The latest giveaway of the software range is Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2008. This is the full version and the offer says it closes on 11th October.

Apparently it is supplied with 14 different modules to optimise areas of the PC including a benchmarker so before and after tests can be compared.

Take care with the code box etc, apparently it can be a bit tricky to spot for registration.

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/winopt/index

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Take care with the code box etc, apparently it can be a bit tricky to spot for registration.

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/winopt/index

Thanks for the link.

Is there any way to register online without loading the software first, so that the key can be emailed? When you run the exe file, does it first present a box for registering and then take you to an online site, or do you have to install the full program first before registering?

I see a line that states "online registration required", but the only link I see is for the download of the file.

By the way, is this a beta version? Version 4.41 seems to be the latest version of Ashampoo WinOptimizer:

http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/p...ct_2_1606__.htm

By the way, is this a beta version? Version 4.41 seems to be the latest version of Ashampoo WinOptimizer

It's probably a 'Lite' version, they did the same with a Burning Studio offer a while back (ie offered Burning Studio 2007 when the existing version was BS 6 or 7, but was still pretty fully featured).

As you go through the download process, it says all over the place that it is a full version??? Don't know, tho.

edit: After installing the registation key, it says it is ver. 4.41.

edit #2: My manners are slipping. :( Thank you, Hazelnut, for the link.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

WinOptimizer 4 = Pro Edition of this.

I just tried it and it works wonders. i only did the registry cleaning and the Internet optimizer thing. I liked the registry cleaning. it found something called "Windows History" which contained invalid paths to programs which i uninstalled/don't have. even programs i used three years ago. it found about 900 entries about that. very sweet thing. it's a keeper in my book.

• Moderators
I just tried it and it works wonders.

I'm not as enthusiastic about it as you are, and I'm glad it's a free giveaway. :P

Going through the whole app all it was able to find on my system were three files with the .bak extension in "Cleaning Tools->Drive Cleaner"

My registry must be really clean because it didn't find anything invalid in there. The system information tool is somewhat useful although it would be nice if it displayed the S.M.A.R.T. status ("health") of the installed hard disks, but there's the freeware HD Tune for that.

Most of what it does can be easily done using multiple freeware programs.

Be careful! The reg cleaner removed a Sandboxie driver, it wouldn't function this morning upon boot, and Weather Pulse didn't load either. It had found about a dozen items last night, mostly itunes entries, so I deleted them and shutdown. Fortunately it's backup option worked fine because after I merged the backup everything is back to normal.

• Moderators
Fortunately it's backup option worked fine because after I merged the backup everything is back to normal.

Yeah, and also the ComputerActive website did have this also as a precaution:

We strongly recommend you back-up any important files on your computer and that you set a System Restore point (for Windows XP or Vista users) before installing the software

I have WinOptimizer 4 v4.41 pro edition. is that the same thing, making it useless for me to install?

WinOptimizer 4 is the upgrade from WinOptimizer 2008. WinOptimizer 2008 is a slightly cut-down version of the current v4.

We're doing Ashampoo Burning Studio 2008 soon and that's a Lite version of Burning Studio 7 (doesn't contain the backup feature).

Chris/vnunet.com

I remember using an Ashampoo product years ago and it messed up my PC. Regardless of what it says on the tin, I will never go anywhere near their products again...

I think the key words there are 'years ago'. Ashampoo software has improved a lot in the last couple of years.

WinOptimizer 4 is the upgrade from WinOptimizer 2008. WinOptimizer 2008 is a slightly cut-down version of the current v4.

As I thought, though to be fair the Burning Studio 2007 download that was offered a while back was only very slightly cut down and the main functions were all intact.

• 2 weeks later...