Acer ASpire 5610 failure

beatlebryce

My friends Acer 5610 laptop, WinXP, stopped working. It goes to the first loading screen and then a new screen that never was there before shows up. It says stuff about the media failing, and then it says "OS cannot be found". Any ideas??? I don't know what to say, as I dont use laptops, but ask and I will answer. Would it be possible to use a regular WinXP boot disk to salvage it? Just enough to use command prompt, cos there is a recovery partition on it. Please help!!

It is possible that his hard drive is failing. You should be able to get to the recovery partition on it when you boot - by pressing F10 or something similar. Go ahead and see if you can find it.

IPB Image

some thing similar happened to my acer - turned out to be a faulty so-dimm RAM module

turned out to be 128mb down with only 512 to start with .. kept getting a slightly confusing 'hardware error' notice on the secreen

On the Acer, press ALT and F10 while the Acer Logo is on. This happens almost immediately after pressed buttons to start.

Believe there are other options in F8.

I have an Acer 5610Z with Vista and those items above apply.

Mudd