Deleted Outlook Express 6 Emails

ColTom2

Hi:

I deleted a specific email from Outlook Express 6 and ran Recuva Scan for the email Subject name, but could not find it.

How are emails that have been deleted from Outlook Express identified from the files that Recuva identifies during scans?

I would think deleted emails would be a file that would a lot of people would want to recover, but I could not identify any that I have deleted today.

I searched for .eml file extension first thing, but nothing appears. I have deleted specific emails and then tried to search by subject name and get nothing.

I have searched using everything that I know in an effort to identify deleted emails, but so far have found nothing. I changed my View Mode to Tree View, but nothing appears applicable Programs files or any other that would identify emails.

If someone knows how to "Recuva" deleted emails I sure would like to know.

Thanks

• Moderators

After looking a bit more, deleted emails are kept in .dbx folders on your computer, in fact all of them are.

Once you compact all folders, as Outlook Express sometimes asks you to do, there is less chance of recovering them These folders only show in a start>search situation if you have it set to show hidden files and folders.

Unfortunatly you can corrupt OE by attempting to open the .dbx files, so I didn't try to open mine.

So try .dbx files and failing that there are programs to recover deleted emails but they are not free.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I fully understand the way that OE works with items stored in .dbx folders and also the consequences of compacting these files. There is a Deleted items.dbx folder etc. But none of these files appear when you run Recuva.

In addition, I currently use an application to back up OE called OE Quick Backup which is great in case you do corrupt OE files etc. I have have never had to use it thankfully.

If I delete an email or emails today and have not compacted OE I still cannot find any of them with Recuva. If Recuva is capable of recovering deleted emails then once again I would appreciate someone telling me how.

Additonal item of note: If you select Tree View option with "Show files found in hidden system directories and try to make an entry in "Find" then Recuva hangs up every time.

Again as of now I feel that Recuva cannot recover deleted emails unless proven otherwise. I ask anyone to delete an email and then try and find it with Recuva....

Since no one has replied to my last posting as of today, including the prior Moderator, I would like to recommend that Recuva revise this application to include procedures for recovering deleted OE emails.

I feel this would really enhance this application. Piriform's other application CCleaner is one of the finest applications available on the internet and it's recent update made it even better.

I would like to challenge Piriform to try and place Recuva in a similar status. I have recommended CCleaner to every one that I know, including installing it on lots of friends computers. I look forward to doing the same with Recuva.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
The best software to recover deleted emails would be Outlook Express Email Recovery (.dbx), an advanced dbx repair software, and check if you can recover your deleted emails using this software.

Levin

Recover Deleted Emails

Many have tried that product and did not get any money back when it wouldn't work.

:lol: davey

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Im experienceing the same problem as user ColTom2. I want to recover a deleted email from Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and cant seem to find any files of that type (.eml or .dbx extension) in the list. Im using Recuva version 1.17.339 instead of the version that ColTom2 was using (1.06.32).

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

There is a program here that may help you see it.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dbxviewer.html

You will need to enable 'show hidden files and folders'. This will allow you to use start-search and type .dbx in files and folders and press ok.

Usually they are kept in c/docs and settings/user name/local settings/application data/identities

Take care not to break anything :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Take care not to break anything :)
Outlook Express ( OE ) .dbx files are very fragile especially Inbox as it tends to easily get corrupted unless you move out the emails to a separate Folder that needs to be created under Local Folders.

Compacting the Folders is recommended about once per week but do not let OE automatically compact the Folders and I think that automatic compacting has been removed in the latest release of OE.

In OE go to File then Folders then Compact All Folders and wait for the compaction to complete and the old .dbx files are moved to the Recycle Bin and can be erased from there.

Also see:

How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

Outlook Express Backup Version 6.5 - FREE

http://www.genie-soft.com/products/oeb/default.html

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 7 months later...

For fix this errors or possible errors recommend try-*******************,this tool is free as far as i know,also utility has many possibilities,it permits opening infected files of dbx format without contamination for your local network,can see six softkeys, that represent the main functions of this program,program works with Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista,will automatically move to the next step of Outlook Express missing folders recovery,will save messages separately in eml format.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi:

I deleted a specific email from Outlook Express 6 and ran Recuva Scan for the email Subject name, but could not find it.

How are emails that have been deleted from Outlook Express identified from the files that Recuva identifies during scans?

I would think deleted emails would be a file that would a lot of people would want to recover, but I could not identify any that I have deleted today.

My friend told me about-**************,as he said tool is very effective with mails.Moreover it recovered mails free of charge and can restore messages from dbx files, where Outlook Express keeps all emails, attachments, contacts and other personal information.This is true,tool solved my issues in a short time.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Accidentally email deletion is a common problem in email clients. Once an important emails deleted, it can create a lot of problems for the user. You can try stellar phoenix deleted email recovery software to recover deleted emails from outlook express. The tool is devised with advanced scanning features and have the option to recover emails from MS Outlook as well as Outlook Express.

Thanks

bob

Hi:

Hi,

...You can try stellar phoenix deleted email recovery software to recover deleted emails ...

Thanks

bob

Hi Bob. :)

I didn't try it but looks like you have to buy it. That right?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

You are right login, it's not free.

Another spam post!

Member banned

ZZZap! 5.gif

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.