Office 2003

KM1

I just downloaded the updated version of CCleaner. I understand that this version has been changed back to cleaning out Office Custom options. My question is this. I went into Word 2003 after running CCleaner to see what had changed. I had all my toolbars that I selected, I had the date button I created and all other buttons I selected were left alone. However, in autocorrect it re-checked my capitalize first letter of a sentence option and rechecked the box's for automatic bulleted lists and automatic numberer lists. It also rechecked ignore words in uppercase in the spelling & grammar tab. Also, it rechecked snap pictures to grid in the draw options for dragging pictures. It did not change the checkmark for the task pane to open up at start up which is checked by default. Since all of the above are options, how do I find out exactly what is changed back to default and what is not. I need to know exactly what is changed so I can change it back after runnning the program? My wife uses Word 2003 for work and she needs these, as well as any other, settings to stay as she has set them. Also, what else in Office 2003 needs to be checked? Thanks

KM1

Wish there was a way to leave these alone while still cleaning up everything else.

Microsoft Office and Word sucks. Microsoft refuse to use any open standards and intentionally breaks compatibility to prevent others to read/write documents on other platforms to unfairly gain monopoly.

Use Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Microsoft Office and Word sucks. Microsoft refuse to use any open standards and intentionally breaks compatibility to prevent others to read/write documents on other platforms to unfairly gain monopoly.

Use Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/

http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html

That is not a solution to KM1's problem. I believe this issue has also already been resolved in another thread. Yet again with the product bashing. This is at least three times I've seen you do that. Not a very good start.

That is not a solution to KM1's problem.  I believe this issue has also already been resolved in another thread.  Yet again with the product bashing.  This is at least three times I've seen you do that.  Not a very good start.

When a company is forcing users to use their product by intentionally breaking compatiblity and using closed standards to prevent alternative software, then that piece of software indeed does deserve some real bashing.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

This forum is for CCleaner bug reporting. This particular thread is about CCleaner's handling of Office 2003. Please keep your garbage propaganda in The Lounge.

Thanks.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

When a company is forcing users to use their product by intentionally breaking compatiblity and using closed standards to prevent alternative software, then that piece of software indeed does deserve some real bashing.

Hm. With you breaking the standards all of the users of this forum have such as a polite etiquette and being courteous towards others, by what you say we can freely bash you as well.

Sorry, I don't function that way. I help people as nicely as I can and for the ones whom -much like you- don't want to help but instead tell them not to use it, etc. I feel they should leave the forums. You're heading down that road.

Hm.  With you breaking the standards all of the users of this forum have such as a polite etiquette and being courteous towards others, by what you say we can freely bash you as well.

Sorry, I don't function that way.  I help people as nicely as I can and for the ones whom -much like you- don't want to help but instead tell them not to use it, etc. I feel they should leave the forums.  You're heading down that road.

I am polite, I am not rude, I am just informating about the downsides of such software. And if you wish to bash me, then please do so.

I think it is good that you help people as nicely as you can.

And as for not wanting to help, I took the time to read the post, I informed the user of the downsides of the software and provided a link to an imho better alternative.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

I am polite, I am not rude, I am just informating about the downsides of such software. And if you wish to bash me, then please do so.

I think it is good that you help people as nicely as you can.

And as for not wanting to help, I took the time to read the post, I informed the user of the downsides of the software and provided a link to an imho better alternative.

You may be intitled to your own opinion, but you orignial reply did not even touch on KM1's problem question. This forum has been and will continue to support its users and not bash other programs. If he uses Word and likes it , so be it. I do too and wouldn't change. The help I've gotten here , and respect for others has been the best I've seen. That's why I keep returning.