BSOD'S

chronos55

earlier this year i updated the bios on my advent t9102 pc.the results were horrific,basically one ruined machine and one angry wife.i took the machine to my local pc repair shop and it was decided to install a new motherboard and i thought we will change the case at the same time to get a full size one.the azrock board was fitted,all original components were changed over including my ati radeon x600 graphics card.pc worked ok except for the fact that it went to black screen with wee sign saying no signal then went to bsod and had to be reset to start up again.on restarting a message came up saying it was the ati drivers fault.latest drivers are installed.i have now replaced the motherboard with one showing in my system and still same problem any ideas before i reach divorce proceedings.sorry for long winded post but no alternative.

i will add the system specs as i forgot them in initial post and have been inundated with replies.motherboard----gigabyte ga-p35c-ds3r.processor----pentium 4 3.4ghz ht.400w psu.radeon x600 graphics card.ram----2x1gb ddr2.any ideas would be appreciated,thanks.

Uninstall current graphic card drivers using 'ATI Uninstall Application' (C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\UninstallAll\AtiCimUn.exe). After reboot, install drivers from the CD, that came with the card.

i have the latest drivers installed.the original drivers were on the xp disc i now use windows vista home premium.

• Moderators

You can also find Vista drivers on ATI's drivers website (requires JavaScript to make OS selections, etc):

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Edit: If you download the Catalyst software pay close attention to what it will install, such as an offer for a free game and other possible crap.

You can also find Vista drivers on ATI's drivers website (requires JavaScript to make OS selections, etc):

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Edit: If you download the Catalyst software pay close attention to what it will install, such as an offer for a free game and other possible crap.

i do not think that the problem is with the drivers.i have version 7.8 installed, drivers only without the other crap.