CCleaner deltes all histories

jimkroger

Any program that keeps a list of recently opened files loses that info when I run CCleaner.

Is this software supported? Can one get help?

JK

To keep Office (Including Excell) history, uncheck the Office cleaning from CCleaner.

Its CCleaner's Job to remove such info, so you have to manually uncheck it.

:)

fireryone

Any program that keeps a list of recently opened files loses that info when I run CCleaner.

Is this software supported? Can one get help?

JK

I`ve found that CCleaner does what most cant....Remove trails/breadcrumbs that use space & are PC vulnerabilities.

It is named Crap Cleaner for a couple of reasons... Crap is removed & Crap is prevented from plopping in uninvited.

Recent Files Opened is a means for intrusions many PC users are`nt aware of but the Data hackers are exploiting.

When I use CCleaner...I set all possible cleaning with programs & applications available in the cleaner settings.

CCleaner Help

Life is too serious to be taken too seriously smiley-biggrin.gif

• Moderators
I`ve found that CCleaner does what most cant....Remove trails/breadcrumbs that use space & are PC vulnerabilities

To stay on track with the thread starter: ;)

When it comes to Microsoft Office CCleaner, and many other like-minded tools that clean MRU lists in for instance Microsoft Word, and some other Microsoft Office programs will also remove the settings (that's sort of Microsoft's fault for putting the MRU list in the settings). Hence the reason people who use Microsoft Office and have it configured a certain way may or will want to untick the cleaning of Microsoft Office.