Soundmax big problem.

Wilson_UK

Hi everyone, this is my first post here as I need help desparately.

So where to begin, I logged in to my pc as usual after fitting a new PSU (Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo with Onboard HDA, Nvidia 8800 GTS, 2GB Corsair RAM) and I thought it was a bit wierd but there was no Windows startup jingle so I started up Bioshock and more silence. Very annoyed I exited to desktop and found the SoundMax logo with a "red ring and line through it" saying "No SoundMax audio present. You cannot use SoundMax conrtol panel".

I did a system restore..... twice.

I have checked Sound and Audio devices but that is all greyed out saying "No playback devices".

I have tried to remove SoundMax from "Add and Remove Progams" but I get an error message saying "HDA audio bus driver required and not found".

I have checked the services.msc to see if they have been started and yes they have.

I have checked "Device Manager" and everything is fine there no yellow question marks, I have even attempted to uninstall the devices but I can't even do that.

Now the only 2 things left I can think of doing are downloading the drivers again from Asus which I am in the process of doing now and re-installing Windows which I don't particularly want to do because of all my precious files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

• Moderators

Are you missing some other audio drivers?

I know on my system I have to install both the Soundmax drivers and Creative Audigy2 drivers otherwise I have no sound.

Your may want to check your PC manufacturer drivers download page to see if you're missing anything. Your PC should've came with all the drivers CD's too.

Ok the SoundMax drivers have done nothing as I need to install "HDA audio bus driver" for it to work.

Thanks for the reply Andavari, I bought the parts separate and installed them myself from ebuyer and as far as I know I don't have a secondary sound card on my board just the HDA onboard.

I can't understand how it happened though because all I did was switch a PSU because the other fried and now I don't have any sound.

From everything that I have fiddled with though I think the problem is coming from this "HDA audio bus drivers required and not found".