CCleaner Community Forums
ipodgeenie

BETA 2 RC not removing "qttask.exe" from startup

I remove this entry, and it reappears after a few days. Recently it has been reappearing after system restart. This issue was apparent in V1.4 too.

That's not CCleaner's fault. It's because of QuickTime restoring the registry value.

Do a Ctrl - Alt- Delete to bring up Task Manager, and end task on the qttask.exe process.

Now go to your Program Files\QuickTime folder, and rename the qttask.exe file to qttask.bak

Next, launch CCleaner > Tools > Startup, and delete the Qttask startup entry. It should not bother you any longer. In any case not until you update QuickTime in which case you'll have to step through this process once again.

That's not CCleaner's fault. It's because of QuickTime restoring the registry value.

Do a Ctrl - Alt- Delete to bring up Task Manager, and end task on the qttask.exe process.

Now go to your Program Files\QuickTime folder, and rename the qttask.exe file to qttask.bak

Next, launch CCleaner > Tools > Startup, and delete the Qttask startup entry.

This also works with Real Players Realsched.exe entry (I think that's what its called, don't have it installed) which also adds itself back to startup, or at least it used to when I had it a while back.