CCleaner Community Forums
JRd1st

Add Delete to RecycleBin option

Since when CCleaner wasn't working that great in Vista, I started using another program to do file wiping. It also wipes slack space and the directory entries, so it does a better job of wiping than CCleaner does even when it does wipe.

But, CCleaner does a perfect job of finding stuff to clean!! ;) IMHO

So, I propose that an option be added that would allow CCleaner to move the files it finds to clean to the recycle bin, whenever possible. That would allow people that like to use a different app to do wipes to really wipe that stuff. It would also allow people that make a mistake to possibly reverse that mistake with a Restore File from Recycle Bin. :P

Since when CCleaner wasn't working that great in Vista, I started using another program to do file wiping. It also wipes slack space and the directory entries, so it does a better job of wiping than CCleaner does even when it does wipe.

But, CCleaner does a perfect job of finding stuff to clean!! ;) IMHO

So, I propose that an option be added that would allow CCleaner to move the files it finds to clean to the recycle bin, whenever possible. That would allow people that like to use a different app to do wipes to really wipe that stuff. It would also allow people that make a mistake to possibly reverse that mistake with a Restore File from Recycle Bin. :P

wat ur really tryin to say is dat CC sux ? :angry:

when i FIRST downloaded CC ..

it cleaned a freakin LARGE space

218 MB !

wat ur really tryin to say is dat CC sux ? :angry:

No, but it doesn't wipe in Vista, at least not on my machine. Not even the 2.0 RC. All it does is change the name to ZZZZZZ.ZZZ and deletes it. I checked to be sure and I was able to recover CCleaner-wiped files with Recuva. If I thought CCleaner "sux'd" I wouldn't bother with it. <_<

I said what I said; CCleaner is perfect for finding the stuff to clean, but it would be perfect if it had an option to delete files to the RecycleBin. It would also be nice if it did a thorough wipe, including directory entries and slack space. But I suspect that would make the program much bigger. (bigger doesn't bother me a bit, but most prefer CCleaner to be small)

Have you tried running it as an administrator? I heard that works most of the time in Vista environments.

AJ

I like CCleaner for what it does, as opposed to what it doesn't do. It gets rid of a bunch of useless stuff, frees up space. :)

ok fine .. i apologise .. hehe .. i still use WinXP SP3 .. never had issues as such .. sorry! :lol::unsure:

XP SP3 :blink::wacko::huh::o

Or are you referring to Vista?

AJ

SP3 is out on some sites .. it will be officially out by Microsoft in a week or so as well as Windows Vista SP1

cheerz