Start Menu RunMRU Bug

• 2 weeks later...
In the latest beta 2 build, the Run (in start menu) is always cleared regardless of the setting.

Same here using 2.00.495 RC when cleaning with run unchecked it shows up until shut down my computer and restart it. Nothing shows in start- run after restarting. Going back to 1.41 version where that doesn't happen. Am using windows pc, XP Home Edition service pack 2.

Jerry Ps I see that was not corrected in release notes for 2.00.500 final version. Please correct that problem. Thanks

Same here using 2.00.495 RC when cleaning with run unchecked it shows up until shut down my computer and restart it. Nothing shows in start- run after restarting. Going back to 1.41 version where that doesn't happen. Am using windows pc, XP Home Edition service pack 2.

Jerry Ps I see that was not corrected in release notes for 2.00.500 final version. Please correct that problem. Thanks

Well installed 2.00.500 Final version and this problem stil exists.. Cleaning with final version with run not checked under windows explorer stil gets erased when restarting computer. This was reported in bug reports so why was this not fixed before releasing final 2.00.500 version? Stil using windows xp home edition service pact 2. Again going back to 1.41 so this doesn't keep getting erased?

Jerry :angry:

Well installed 2.00.500 Final version and this problem stil exists.. Cleaning with final version with run not checked under windows explorer stil gets erased when restarting computer. This was reported in bug reports so why was this not fixed before releasing final 2.00.500 version? Stil using windows xp home edition service pact 2. Again going back to 1.41 so this doesn't keep getting erased?

Jerry :angry:

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this...

I left everything unchecked, run the cleaner and restarted and all the items in the Run dropdown menu were still there.

Do you have anything else checked while cleaning? If so, try uncheck them and see if you still have the problem.

Have you changed your winini.sys file? This is the only entry in that file that should clean the Start->Run dropdown menu...

[Run (in Start Menu)]

LangSecRef=3002

LangRef=3122

Default=True

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

I hope this helps...

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this...

I left everything unchecked, run the cleaner and restarted and all the items in the Run dropdown menu were still there.

Do you have anything else checked while cleaning? If so, try uncheck them and see if you still have the problem.

Have you changed your winini.sys file? This is the only entry in that file that should clean the Start->Run dropdown menu...

[Run (in Start Menu)]

LangSecRef=3002

LangRef=3122

Default=True

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

I hope this helps...

No I am not going to uncheck everything iunder windows explorer when the run in startup is only thing I want not clened. All versions before 2.00 versions did not erase after restarting with run unchecked! I actually went back to 1.38 version which I think worked properly in everything for me. Did you try it with just run unchecked? Everything else listed under windows explorer has nothing to do with run in start menu! :angry:

Jerry

Using build 2.00.500 on xp sp2.

I did a bit of testing and found that the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU is deleted when Internet Explorer - History is checked. If you uncheck it, then the key is only deleted if Run - In start menu is checked. :huh:

btw. If you remove the key path from winsys.ini, it's still deleted if History is checked.

Hopefully this info may help in tracing the problem.

In the latest beta 2 build, the Run (in start menu) is always cleared regardless of the setting.

I am using the non-beta version of CCleaner 2.0, and the same thing happens on both of my computers, both running Windows XP SP2. I have since uninstalled version 2 of CCleaner and gone back to version 1.41. Now my Run menu info is not being deleted at every reboot. Hopefully CCleaner will fix this bug with the next release.