Please Loose The Yahoo Toolbar

Hi Guys

I love your program CCleaner but adding the Yahoo Toolbar sure cheapens it a bunch. I don't know one person who uses it to start with. Yahoo is slow and sluggish to navigate, especially for those of us who are forced to still be on dial up.. I saw no option for installing your new beta without accepting the installation of the toolbar regardless of posts I have read saying it was possible.

Thanks Dale

• Moderators

Good of you to post that screenshot unsober.

I think part of the problem is that when you first start install and you have to select the "I accept" option on the EULA, part of it states that you have to agree to the toolbar, unfortunately your screenshot is the next bit :)

So people think if they select I accept, they are agreeing to the toolbar, they are not, that option comes after clicking the "next"button which then leads to your screenshot above.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
I think part of the problem is that when you first start install and you have to select the "I accept" option on the EULA, part of it states that you have to agree to the toolbar, unfortunately your screenshot is the next bit

It's all in the wording actually. I've seen software display double licenses before where they have theirs followed by a separation line to include their little or big add-ons. Someone is bound to get confused if stuff doesn't explicitly say optional.

If you download CCleaner from Major Geeks (which I don't), you'll see two separate downloads - with toolbar or without.

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

• Moderators
If you download CCleaner from Major Geeks (which I don't), you'll see two separate downloads - with toolbar or without.

And by having the non-toolbar installer available they're in direct violation of Piriform's rules and wishes because the non-toolbar installer is only supposed to be available at http://www.CCleaner.com.

not sure I agree with that Andavari - it's usually the makers of a program who pass on the updates to Major Geeks... unless someone can tell me otherwise? :unsure:

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

Google is a peace of crap. Yahoo.com is the most visited site on the web. Google is the fourth..
Yahoo maybe the most visited site on the web but it also deposits tracking cookies to recover their pay-per-click advertising money just the same as Google but that is what makes it free :P

I have all Yahoo sites blocked in my HOSTS file to help stop these cookies depositing themselves on my system.

I do look at news.yahoo.com occasionally but I run CCleaner right after to clean out their cookies.

I use the Google Toolbar because I like its pop up blocker and I also use McAfee SiteAdvisor to warn me of potential harmful sites:

http://www.siteadvisor.com

There is version of SiteAdvisor available for Firefox as well.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
not sure I agree with that Andavari - it's usually the makers of a program who pass on the updates to Major Geeks... unless someone can tell me otherwise? :unsure:

There's been a couple of times where people have asked if they can host the CCleaner download. I know MrG replied to one thread not that long ago where he stated it was alright for that person to host the normal installer he never mentioned it being alright for that person to host the non-toolbar versions.

Edit:

What I've stated is located on the download builds page:

The following builds are for system admins and advanced users.

They are not for distribution or mirroring.