Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 free

hazelnut

• Moderators

The full commercial version of Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 Personal can be obtained here free until September 14th

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/partitionmanager/index

Details of all the things it can do, can be seen here

http://www.partition-manager.com/home/personal/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Nice find Hazel, I'll have to see how it differs from Paragon 8 Special Edition, which a few of us picked up a small while back.

Dennis that was Paragon Hard Drive Manager. Confusing I know but after hunting round their site found this statement - "Partition Manager's functionality is fully covered by Hard Disk Manager's one."

Yep JD, Paragon Hard Drive Manager 8 will cover all of what the Partition Manager 8.5 can do but only for XP.

I have PHDM 8 but unfortunately not compatible with Vista so this download should come in handy for my Vista installs.

• Moderators
Dennis that was Paragon Hard Drive Manager. Confusing I know but after hunting round their site found this statement - "Partition Manager's functionality is fully covered by Hard Disk Manager's one."

Thanks a lot for that JD, I'm pleased you knew that, because I would never have spotted the difference, and of course you've saved me the trouble of finding out the hard way.

And cheers for hunting that statement out.

BTW The Paragon Hard Drive Manager download STILL seems to be active for anyone (using XP) wanting to try that instead

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/hdmanager8/index ;) :

@JDPower:

How do you find out about the "free" offers from computeractive? I have looked through their webiste and have never found any references to those offers...and they are really wonderful offers. Are you signed up for some type of notification from them?

Thanks

Thanks again, Hazelnut.

FYI: I downloaded it and started the install process, clicked on the "registration" box, was sent to the website, entered a name and email, and had my registration numbers all within about 5 minutes. Saved the email to a .txt file.

Shazam. :lol:

Now a question. I didn't finish the install, as I already have ver. 8, which is OK for XP. Is there any sort of tricky time limit on the installation? One would think that one could install it any time in the future, and use the saved registration numbers.

Looks like a really good program.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators
Now a question. I didn't finish the install, as I already have ver. 8, which is OK for XP. Is there any sort of tricky time limit on the installation? One would think that one could install it any time in the future, and use the saved registration numbers.

Looks like a really good program.

I got hold of Paragon Hard Drive manager quite some time ago, and then had to do that OS reinstall only a few weeks ago.

The original saved registration number worked fine again. Not a definitive answer, but seems like it would probably be OK.

I got hold of Paragon Hard Drive manager quite some time ago, and then had to do that OS reinstall only a few weeks ago.

The original saved registration number worked fine again. Not a definitive answer, but seems like it would probably be OK.

Thanks, Dennis, that answers it. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

I'm somewhat confused here. Can Paragon hard disk manager be used in Vista or only Xp. I downloaded the Paragon Partition manager but it has no defrag option

Thanks

Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5 is Vista compatible and Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 (Vista compatible) also has a defrag option, within one of the menus.

Chris/vnunet.com

Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5 is Vista compatible and Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 (Vista compatible) also has a defrag option, within one of the menus.

Chris/vnunet.com

Thanks Chris

I found it but not sure if it is actually working. Does a graph or some type of chart pop up to show you the progress? I had a pop up that said to click on "Apply" but didn't know where to look for it. Also is it compatible with diskeeper which I have running in the background?

Thanks again

I found it but not sure if it is actually working. Does a graph or some type of chart pop up to show you the progress? I had a pop up that said to click on "Apply" but didn't know where to look for it.

It is not very intuitive, I've just spent 10 minutes trying to work out why nothing was working when I selected defrag then clicked yes. You have to click 'Apply' on the top toolbar (or at least thats how it is in HD Manager). It doesn't even tell you that in the help section, just says select defrag then hit yes :rolleyes:

It is not very intuitive, I've just spent 10 minutes trying to work out why nothing was working when I selected defrag then clicked yes. You have to click 'Apply' on the top toolbar (or at least thats how it is in HD Manager). It doesn't even tell you that in the help section, just says select defrag then hit yes :rolleyes:

I'll pass that on, I think. I know Paragon Total Defrag 2008 is out later this year, which is an updated version of their defrag tool.

If anyone has any notes, ideas or thoughts on Paragon Software improvements, let me know. They genuinely listen to our ideas and are keen to listen to end-users.

Chris/vnunet.com.