Latest updates pushed down

fireryone

KB937143 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

KB938127 Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP

A security issue has been identified in the way Vector Markup Language (VML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

KB936181 Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

KB933579 Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 and Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 Service Pack 1

KB936782 Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windos XP

KB921503 Security Update for Windows XP

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely

compromise your Windows-based system using Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)

Automation and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this

update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=70249

KB936021Security Update for Windows XP

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) that could

allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it.

You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install

this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=88350

KB938829 Security Update for Windows XP

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft GDI that could allow an attacker to

compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help

protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item,

you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=94466

KB938828 Update for Windows XP

This is a reliability update. Install this update to improve the stability of computers running

Windows XP. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938828

KB890830 Malicious Software Removal Tool

On another machine I also got a security update for MS Excell (XP/2002 version)

All came down and installed fine.

fireryone

I usually wait few days to see if there is any serious screw ups being reported by these updates. There is 9 for me and I cringe whenever I see this many updates. I noticed 2 for IE7. I have no doubt that after they are installed I will the proud owner of a 100MB browser called IE7. Never thought I would see the day of a 100 MB browser but than again never underestimate the absolute stupidity of Micro Crap. I have security updates for Firefox every month or two and the browser is no where near the bulk of IE7. It won't belong now and it will be a gig.

• Moderators

I had 13 updates that initially failed and I had to restart Windows just to install them because I had just a day or two before disabled some unneeded services with Ashampoo StartUp Tuner 2 and disabled Background Intelligent Transfer Service ("BITS"). Ashampoo StartUp Tuner 2 claimed BITS was useless for 99% of PC users which is b.s. because the MS Update website requires BITS to be enabled.

• Moderators
I also updated Opera to 9.23, which include JavaScript vulnerability fix.

We're going in opposite directions then. I downgraded Firefox to 2.0.0.5, which includes vulnerabilities - due to the severe bugs in 2.0.0.6 though.

CCleaner for some strange reason has removed mine from ADDRemove Programs, hope they are still active even if they aren't uninstallable ................. they do reside in a file C:\windows\$hf_mig$ and appear in black as opposed to IE7 updates which always show KBs***** in Blue!! - would this signify anything atall? or would my winxp updates be still active and functional ???

Is there possibly a way of my removing all those KBs and re-installing them?? but for the fact that windowsupdate.Log shows those as having been successfully downloaded ( though possibly not active now!! ) and MS update wont recognise the same and won't re-install those KBs ........

any advise anyone pls.........

Also in future, should I uncheck HOTfix uninstallers and how do I stop CCleaaner from wping out my KB******s from AddRemove Programs list pls............. My only other way out would be to restore the entire system as I am really frustrated in all my attempts to fix this issue - Could some1 pls pls help URGENTLY

hotfix uninstaller function seems to be the culprit here.

but regardless the ISSUES button still brought up the winxp updates as uninstaller issue and deleted them, it would be rather ludicruos to keep an eye out on every entry and check and uncheck them .......... surely there must be a better way

Besides it did not affect my IE7 and Office updates.......... they show up in Add Remove Progs

Hotfix Uninstallers cleaning ONLY removes the easy uninstalation of said updates. It does in NO WAY deactivate/uninstall installed updates, so don't worry :)

If you wish to keep them in future, untick the Hotfix Uninstallers section in CCleaner.

fireryone

• Moderators

If you did an Issues clean you would have been offered the choice of making a backup of the issues you were cleaning, saved by default in my documents, right-click on it and choose merge.

The hotfix uninstaller is just that, an uninstaller meaning you would not be able to uninstall the update. It doesnt uninstall the update, just the uninstaller.

I keep mine unticked by the way until I am sure an update is okay on my system.

If the windows update log shows these as installed and they are in the folder( mine are black, compressd NTFS files are shown in blue,) they may all be on your system

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

thanks Fireryone!,

would Issues remove them by any chance from ADD/Remove Progs?

If the uninstaller is removed I might get removed in urn if its seen as a dead link....

I still have my IE7 updates listed even though i've used CCleaner to remove hotfix uninstallers.

fireryone