What Icons do you have on your desktop?

rridgely

From the one in the quote that rridgely posted, what program do you use to group your icons together in the middle of the bottom of the screen? Or is that just part of the theme?

23021[/snapback]

I use Objectdock from Stardock, I tried RK Launcher, just didn't seem to suit my needs.

The world would be very boring place if were all the same. :D

Got to the link for the Objectdock, the free one does just fine too.

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

ObjectDock is another bloat program, the latest version is around 8Mb download and more then likely double that after installation. Rk Launcher is 715Kb download and that's it, uncompress it and a way you go no installation required and it has loads of features. I have used both extensively and RK Launcher the best one by far in my opinion.

Can't disagree with you englishman, the stardock fold I've got is about 27mb. Saying that I have used both too and I didn't think RK perform the same, it was a bit clunky and wasn't a smooth application, maybe just my PC, it's not top of the range.

I think everyone should try both and find the best one that suits them.

I got no icons on my Desktop, however i do have a custom toolbar for my most used programs. (see attached)

ObjectDock is another bloat program the latest version is around 8Mb download and more then likely double that after installation. Rk Launcher is 715Kb download and that's it uncompress it and a way you go no installation required it has loads of features.

Yep i recently uninstalled Objectdock from my system, uses way to much emory/processer then i liked.

--lee

post-379-1133125040_thumb.jpg

post-379-1133125040_thumb.jpg

I might give it a go, if it helps keep things simpler. Could you create an icon at the bottom, in which if you put your mouse over it the securitys apps come up from it, e.c.t.

23191[/snapback]

I don't know about RK Launcher, I'm still trying to get to grips with it. Sorry englishman but it's not as simple at OD, or maybe I'm just a bit on the thick side. :blink:

Back to the orginal question, on OD you can add any shortcuts you want. In facts it's so easy you just need to drag the icon from your desktop and drop it onto the bar. Once it's there you can right click the icon and make any changes.

I don't know about RK Launcher, I'm still trying to get to grips with it. Sorry englishman but it's not as simple at OD, or maybe I'm just a bit on the thick side. :blink:

Back to the orginal question, on OD you can add any shortcuts you want. In facts it's so easy you just need to drag the icon from your desktop and drop it onto the bar. Once it's there you can right click the icon and make any changes.

23211[/snapback]

I'm not calling you thick by any means but it is one of the simplest programs i have used.

About adding icons you can also do that with RK Launcher its just it has a option to lock that feature to stop users removing icons by accident. Go to setting, behaviour then toggle Locked add/delete/drag according to your preference.

Ultimate Predator Posted Today, 03:50 AM

I might give it a go, if it helps keep things simpler. Could you create an icon at the bottom, in which if you put your mouse over it the securitys apps come up from it, e.c.t.

well... I don't think that's available in RK Launcher. You can add files but you have to either click / double click it to open.

Yep.. i agree with you englishmen. RK Launcher is nice and very simple.

288olaow8888cq2.jpg