What Icons do you have on your desktop?

rridgely

You're a tweaker...

At any rate...

System Properties, Advanced, Settings, Performance, "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", OK.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

You're a tweaker...

At any rate...

System Properties, Advanced, Settings, Performance, "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop", OK.

Hmm, how would that sound in Russian ? (My WinXP is Russian :))

I knew it was, but I was hoping you could translate (because I know nothing about Russian).

Run...

RunDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL sysdm.cpl,,3

Hit the first button from the top

Scroll to the second to last checkmark and check it

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

They are all checkedmarked :)

Ohyea, could anyone pack the following files and send them to me ? (tuplad@gmail.com):

Luna.theme

/Luna/luna.msstyles

/Luna/Shell/Homestead/shellstyle.dll

/Luna/Shell/NormalColor/shellstyle.dll

/Luna/Shell/Metallic/shellstyle.dll

You can find them all in C:\Windows\Resources

Merijn's website has a great thing for transparent icon stuff.  It's called TransIcon and works just fine.  Also check out Windows 9x Revolutions Pack  (Actually makes 9x/ME look like XP)

err0r28bn.png

:) Thats the one coded by Merijn

Try this little program...it is neat...Iconoid. B)

You might find it helpful especially if you are a treaker like I am....

Also what is that picture of in your signature ...can't make it out...or do I really want to know?

Program: w00t; that program gave me a hint now its fixed :D

I will make a quick tutorial now :D

err0r28bn.png

:) Thats the one coded by Merijn

Program: w00t; that program gave me a hint now its fixed :D

I will make a quick tutorial now :D

TransIcon: This does exactly the same as TransText, but is WAY smaller and more flexible. It uses a tweak to make the background color of the text below desktop icons transparent, and exits. The effect should last until the next boot, so a shortcut to this program in your Startup folder works perfectly. Needs command line parameters (add them to the 'Target' field in the shortcut) to specify the color you want the icon text itself to be in the form of hex values (e.g. FFFF00), RGB (e.g. 16711935) or words (e.g. white).

Note: this program is not useful on Windows XP, since that has support for this tweak natively.

Ok, I did some reserch and foud this site:

http://www.themexp.org/

Has anyone here downloaded from this site? is it malware free? And if so what did you download?

I get some of my themes and desktops from there. Occasionaly, when you try to download something it leads you to a installer, which installs adware. The trick is to keep pressing download untill you get the zip package.

• Moderators
I get some of my themes and desktops from there. Occasionaly, when you try to download something it leads you to a installer, which installs adware. The trick is to keep pressing download untill you get the zip package.

Thanks, I didnt install anything from their because of that. I read their EULA and it clearly says that they install adware. I used your trick of getting the zip file and it worked perfectly.

• Moderators
i change my d-top icons and theme all the time. you can view my desktops right HERE  :)

Thats quite a cool little gallery you got there. What program are you using for the widgets? I tried a program a while ago and it wasnt very good. Also where are you getting those icons, or are you making them yourself? cool stuff none the less. Great to have another Rocker on here too B) .

Also this is off topic but what bands do you like besides gnr?

Thats quite a cool little gallery you got there. What program are you using for the widgets? I tried a program a while ago and it wasnt very good. Also where are you getting those icons, or are you making them yourself? cool stuff none the less. Great to have another Rocker on here too B) .

Also this is off topic but what bands do you like besides gnr?

Who doesn't like rock, metal, etc.? ;)

Thanx :)

Lately I've used Avedesk to display my icons and also widgets like weather etc. Very nice freeware app. No ad\spyware. Icons are collected over the years, mostly from deviantart.com and foood.net.

off topic: skid row, faith no more and iron maiden are all great bands. And of course Velvet Revolver since Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum is in it :D

Rock on dude!

• Moderators
Also some of the pictures you all have posted have differant icons than the ones that come with the programs they are for. Where did you get those icons from?

I downloaded allot of icons from http://www.foood.net/

Some icons I make myself with good-ole Microsoft Paint. In my screenshot I think you can tell what Foood.net made and what I made since mine aren't very professional looking but I like them better than the default program icons.

• Moderators
Fear Factory, Metallica, Disturbed, Artrosis (Polish rock), Tantric, Our Lady Peace, Breaking Benjamin, and the list goes on.

How bout you?

I like mostly classic rock like Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and Aerosmith. I also like metallica, god smack, and Audioslave. Overall though my top two choices would be GNR and Aerosmith.

I like mostly classic rock like Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and Aerosmith. I also like metallica, god smack, and Audioslave. Overall though my top two choices would be GNR and Aerosmith.

Yeah, Godsmack is good too. Artrosis is pretty cool for polish rock.