CCleaner and Vista

AliceZ

We are contemplating purchasing a notebook with Vista premium.

#1- Will CCleaner work with Vista Premium?

#2- Someone mentioned something about installing as Administator. Just what did they mean and should I do that?

I have been using CCleaner for quite a long time with my other notebook and desktop which both have WinXPsp2 and really like it.

Thanks for any help.

Some people have found that if they had a problem with CCleaner running in vista, that right-clicking the CCleaner desktop icon and choosing run as administrator solved it.
Yep, that worked for me. Right after I installed it with Vista and opened it the normal way and ran an Issues scan, it would not remove the items; it appeared to remove them but a repeat scan brought back all the same items. After reading your tip, I opened by right-clicking the CCleaner desktop icon and choosing run as administrator, and then it did, indeed, remove the items found.

Yep, that worked for me. Right after I installed it with Vista and opened it the normal way and ran an Issues scan, it would not remove the items; it appeared to remove them but a repeat scan brought back all the same items. After reading your tip, I opened by right-clicking the CCleaner desktop icon and choosing run as administrator, and then it did, indeed, remove the items found.

You can also set the compatibility tab of the shortcut to make CCleaner always "Run this program as an administrator"

You can also set the compatibility tab of the shortcut to make CCleaner always "Run this program as an administrator"

How would this be done? (I right clicked on the CCleaner icon on my desktop (in WinXP) and saw 'compatibility,' but didn't see "run this program as an administrator."

Thank you.

• Moderators
How would this be done? (I right clicked on the CCleaner icon on my desktop (in WinXP) and saw 'compatibility,' but didn't see "run this program as an administrator."

Thank you.

This only applies for vista Alice, which was what you asked about in your original post.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

This only applies for vista Alice, which was what you asked about in your original post.

Thanks.

Didn't get the Vista notebook yet, but thought I would give it a try on our current notebook (WinXPsp2). Now I understand.

We are contemplating purchasing a notebook with Vista premium.

#1- Will CCleaner work with Vista Premium?

#2- Someone mentioned something about installing as Administator. Just what did they mean and should I do that?

I have been using CCleaner for quite a long time with my other notebook and desktop which both have WinXPsp2 and really like it.

Thanks for any help.

I have installed CC on my Vista machine.

I don't think it works with the "Issues" and it doesn't clear to zero when you run the cleaner twice?

Kind regards