Who thinks that dell computer are not that good

tregdftreter

Who thinks that DELL computers are not so good

There tech support team swear at you that is not nice

any body had this happen to you reply please

Cheers

I have swore at them. Told them to shove the computer up their a$$ more than once. :P

• Moderators
I have swore at them. Told them to shove the computer up their a$$ more than once. :P

ROFLMAO! :lol:

The problem with Dell, or any built for you computer is that you're stuck with the hardware they have available which may not necessarily be the newest greatest hardware around. Dell PC's in general are fine for me, but if I ever got another one I wouldn't go upgrade crazy on it because for probably half the price of the upgrades I'd pay for them to put in a PC I could buy online and do myself such as getting a better DVD writer drive, larger capacity HDD's, more memory, etc., etc., etc.

Well i ended up chucking my own DELL system to the rubbish tip because it was under warrenty for hardware but the would no f***ing fix it for free and the local computer tech shop phone them for me saying it was hardware faults but they swore at the saleperson who phoned them so that shop has stopped buying DELL systems for months

CHeers

• Moderators

Unless you need a monitor, you can usually get better computers for the same price if you build it yourself. But if your broke and need that $400 computer with monitor I dont think your going to find cheaper.

• Moderators
This may be old news but it's news to me: They're selling several of their AMD-based PC's at Walmart.

My mom told me about that just the other day with "Wal-mart now has Dell computers" and my reply was "the grocery store has lemons." She didn't get it.

• 2 weeks later...

My issue with dell isn't the swearing. Its the the pure and simple fact i get someone who can barely speak English on the phone. I know that sounds terrible and its not meant to be. But i dont know why that me calling from Canada, get a Help Desk in Pango Pango? Or a resident of.

Thats big Business i guess.

• Moderators
Its the the pure and simple fact i get someone who can barely speak English on the phone. I know that sounds terrible and its not meant to be.

Some of the them speak very good with a slight accent being the only giveaway which doesn't bother me, however I know what you mean because I once had a tech support person that I absolutely couldn't understand. Whenever I get someone like that I politely say goodbye, then take my chances and call back again hoping to get someone I can understand that isn't speaking gibberish.

Thats big Business i guess.

Outsourcing is the problem. For reference look at the infected toothpaste, dog food, and now 9 million toys that Mattel is recalling. With crap like that nobody can tell me that all the s**t made in China isn't going to kill someone.

• Moderators
I got Dell TFT display. I have got it about 3 years and haven't noticed any dead pixels on it.

If it's that age I think it's just a rebranded Sony. I know Dell LCD monitors have very good display quality, so in that case them being a bit pricey is justified.

my dell story:

i bought a laptop for school becuase of my bad handwriting to keep all my files in one place, it lasted allmost one year to the day, phoned up dell tech support and told them about the problem, discribed the problem with the laptop, they told me that the motherboard was broken, they had to talk to parts supply for a cost of a new one because (best bit) IT WAS GENERAL WARE AND TARE and was not covered by warranty, so can someone tell me how something that needs a new motherboard be classed as general ware and tare!!!

Origional latptop price ?350

Replacement Motherboard cost ?350!

shove reparing the laptop, buy a new one!

my dell story:

i bought a laptop for school becuase of my bad handwriting to keep all my files in one place, it lasted allmost one year to the day, phoned up dell tech support and told them about the problem, discribed the problem with the laptop, they told me that the motherboard was broken, they had to talk to parts supply for a cost of a new one because (best bit) IT WAS GENERAL WARE AND TARE and was not covered by warranty, so can someone tell me how something that needs a new motherboard be classed as general ware and tare!!!

Origional latptop price ?350

Replacement Motherboard cost ?350!

shove reparing the laptop, buy a new one!

Something is not right with this. If your machine is under warranty than your mother board is definitely covered.

Yup! Dell has replaced my mobo and display card twice this year, hopefully they don't fry themselves again.

How did you mess up the mother board twice in a year? Did you have to send the machine in to Dell or do you have the warranty that includes the at home repair?

• Moderators
How did you mess up the mother board twice in a year?

I didn't do anything, it fried itself.

Did you have to send the machine in to Dell or do you have the warranty that includes the at home repair?

I have in home warranty repairs which is about to expire in November 2007.

my old computer finally died on me, and i needed a new one... i wanted to build one so i could get better things for a cheaper cost, but since my step father was the one paying for it, he wanted a dell just so my mom and him could have the warranty, so i finally got it after "customizing it" and everything... (xps 410) and the only issue i really had with it was the cooling... it seems they care more about the box actually being silent than keeping the parts inside cool, my card and processor both ran very close to the "slow down threshold" (7900 gtx, 2.4 duel core intel) but while ordering it online, they offered a special "US tech support" to make sure you didn't get someone over in India or something... all in all. for 1 monitor and just the computer, no speakers hourse keyboard ect ect. it was about 2500 dollars... afterwards i looked up all the parts on newegg (aside from the motherboard since it's a dell motherboard) and looked at the price, and it was almost 1k cheaper to build it myself. so you really have to ask yourself, is a warranty on your parts really worth it?

but while ordering it online, they offered a special "US tech support" to make sure you didn't get someone over in India or something... all in all.

Are you serious! Ha Ha Well finally the retards at Dell acknowledge there is a customer support problem and a major part of it is the over seas call centers. So why not just admit they f'd up when they made this move to over seas call centers and bring them back home? Oh no they can't do that. They make you pay for the "privilege" of talking to someone in your own language over a good connection and make it look like they are doing you some sort of favor.

Customers share a lot of the fault in this. These company's look for any way to cut costs and increase margins all in the name of increasing share holder value. I have lost count how many times I read a news report about a major company slashing jobs and moving production to low cost countries and instead of outrage the response is an immediate jump in stock price. Of course that means more money for the pimp that runs the company and receives stock options and other performance based compensation. Hopefully this cycle has run it's course. There is way too much crap in the news about bad over seas products getting over here do to incompetent and corrupt overseas quality control. The magnets in the toys just being the most recent. One good thing though about moving production and call centers or what ever overseas is watching the retards in suits try to do damage control on the news every night. It's more entertaining than any comedy that's on the tube these days.

I'm pretty happy with my Dimension 8400. I've only taken out the 512 MB of RAM and put in 2 GBs of Crucial Ballistix. However, I have to wait for Norton to load up completely before doing anything. If I don't, it glitches when it shuts down - it like locks up.... Sometimes, I want to just reformat Windows XP sometimes, but afraid all the updates will take too long to redownload.

AJ

I'm pretty happy with my Dimension 8400. I've only taken out the 512 MB of RAM and put in 2 GBs of Crucial Ballistix. However, I have to wait for Norton to load up completely before doing anything. If I don't, it glitches when it shuts down - it like locks up.... Sometimes, I want to just reformat Windows XP sometimes, but afraid all the updates will take too long to redownload.

AJ

Thats another problem with Dell and many other computer company's. They use your computer as advertising space for crap like Norton. They don't care that it bothers you as long as they pimp some money from Norton or who ever. I demanded and got my last Dell without that garbage on it.