The Best Anti Virus Programs

tregdftreter

yeah thanks

does anybody think that norton is any good

and if so what is so good about it

and if you hate it can you please tell me how come

im thinking about switching to NORTON

CHEERS

Why would even think about switching to Norton? If you have done any research on this subject at all the last thing you would be doing is considering that POS. :blink:

tHANK YOU VERY MUCH

I STARTED THIS POST BECAUSE I WANT TO FIND OUT THE LATEST RESULTS

This might help you decide:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/ergebnisse_2007_02.php

Avira, Kaspersky and NOD32 are among the best, but don't rule out Norton! Yes, it's been resource heavy in the past, but I've heard that the 2007 version is lighter. It also gets great ratings in AV detection. Remember too that Symantec's site is like the internet bible of virus and trojan descriptions. If you need to manually clean a virus, that's the most detailed AV vendor site I know of that gives instructions for file and registry cleaning (other than the Castle Cops and Wilders Security forums).

Some of the free Antivirus programs are pretty good, but as has been mentioned before, you can occasionally get Norton and Kaspersky for free after rebates.

If solely wanting to go the freeware route I think Avira AntiVir PE Classic, AVG Free, and Avast Home Edition are all good, and the fact is any of the three is far better than absolutely nothing.

True :D

public void dammit() {

damn.cmon(forYou);

damn.delete(You);

System.out.println("Mwuhahahaha");

}

I would most definitely go with Eset's NOD32 if there weren't any freeware av's available.

That's not the best advice. ESET will be releasing version 3 "soon" and people that are trying the beta do not have the best of things to say about it, which is important because that is the version that everyone will be forced to use. I say go with KAV 7, at least that way you know what you are going to get.

• Moderators
That's not the best advice. ESET will be releasing version 3 "soon" and people that are trying the beta do not have the best of things to say about it, which is important because that is the version that everyone will be forced to use. I say go with KAV 7, at least that way you know what you are going to get.

I wasn't advising anyone to buy it or anything. ;)

You'll need to enlighten me with links to articles or some forum discussion that would suggest it's bad advice, sorry but I'm not just going to take what you've stated at face value.

Seems allot of people like NOD32, and having used it myself a few times over the years in trial-mode I was impressed with it. However as long as there's free av's, I really have no use for any commercial av software.

Seems allot of people like NOD32, and having used it myself a few times over the years in trial-mode I was impressed with it. However as long as there's free av's, I really have no use for any commercial av software.

Don't misunderstand myt, NOD32 2.7 is a great program, arguably the best. I'm not desputing that. However, I have a hard time recommending ESET products because the current version, version 2.7, is not what users will be using in the near future. It remains be be seen what version 3 will bring. But judging from the ESS (Eset Security Suite) beta, the reactions are not that great. It may provide great protection but the interface has chaged a great deal. Gone in the version 2 interface, which offers customizability and a unique look. That is simply what I meant. If I could recommend NOD32 2.7 without knowing that the user will have to upgrade to version 3 I would.

How often does the forum run the poll "what antivirus do you use?" Bet the results are different now.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Why would even think about switching to Norton? If you have done any research on this subject at all the last thing you would be doing is considering that POS. :blink:

POS is an understatement, Anthony. Omg, not only did it hog my resources, it caused my computer to crash for no good reason.

• Moderators

I actually think Norton could be very useful.

They could use it in computer night class training. You are given a computer loaded with all Norton software and AOL, the lot, and then told to get rid of it off the computer.

If you manage it you pass, if not, they cart you off to hospital suffering from severe stress.:lol:

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com