1st time user

ablazebrad

Hi - just downloaded and installed CCleaner for the first time

Ran the analyse button and received report on waht it found. There is a lot of /Temp/MessengerCache files listed. Are these my MSN message history files??? I don't want to loose my history files from msn chats.

I thought that in the demo i was told that anything deleted would be able to be restored?? Is this correct so that if i run the cleaner and find my message history missing, I can restore everything??

thanks

Brad

• Moderators

I thought that in the demo i was told that anything deleted would be able to be restored??

Brad

This applies to the "issues" part of the cleaner, where you are offered the choice of making a backup of the reg entries which are saved in my docs by default. These can be restored by righ-clicking and choosing merge should you need to.

It may be of help for you to read the guide here which contains lots of info.

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

This applies to the "issues" part of the cleaner, where you are offered the choice of making a backup of the reg entries which are saved in my docs by default. These can be restored by righ-clicking and choosing merge should you need to.

It may be of help for you to read the guide here which contains lots of info.

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

I have gone through the whole beginers guide - but no anser to my question about the msn history files recorded. I just want to know if i'm going to loose my msn hinstory if i proceed with "Run Cleaner" ???

Brad

I have gone through the whole beginers guide - but no anser to my question about the msn history files recorded. I just want to know if i'm going to loose my msn hinstory if i proceed with "Run Cleaner" ???

Brad

Yes you will loose your history, in CCleaner go to the applications tab and untick: MSN messenger under the Internet heading, Anything deleted in this section is not recoverable.

In the cleaner section the files just get deleted no backups.

Only backups are created in the issues section of CCleaner which only cleans the registry not history/temps.

fireryone

Yes you will loose your history, in CCleaner go to the applications tab and untick: MSN messenger under the Internet heading, Anything deleted in this section is not recoverable.

In the cleaner section the files just get deleted no backups.

Only backups are created in the issues section of CCleaner which only cleans the registry not history/temps.

thanks for your reply. This could have wiped out my valued chat history. I wonder if there are other files that should be warned about that could be diaster for some people??

thanks

brad

thanks for your reply. This could have wiped out my valued chat history. I wonder if there are other files that should be warned about that could be diaster for some people??

thanks

brad

Who knows what could be "disaster" for some people? :)

CCleaner clean all what usually is considered "temp" or "temporary",

like applications history, logs, cache, and so on. Of course this doesn't

mean you can't keep your chat history for years, if you like, simply

uncheck all the applications you want CCleaner leave untouched.

Be aware of this: You can run "Analyze" and check what will be deleted.

If unsure about some applications, uncheck them and run "Analyze" again.

Running "Analyze" there is no danger at all, since the deletion is performed

only pressing "Run Cleaner" button.

:)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy