Toolbar Uninstaller

eagle00789

Another tip:

Change the name of the downloadable file from setup x.x.x..exe to using the name of the program,

As I have a folder that I dump all my downloads into (sort them later) and remembering what a program called

"setup.exe" does is not gonna happen, and I can't always be bothered reinstalling to find out the manually

rename the file.

And a bug:

The more times I click rescan, I get another copy of the "Site Advisor" toolbar in the list :)

fireryone

Another tip:

Change the name of the downloadable file from setup x.x.x..exe to using the name of the program,

As I have a folder that I dump all my downloads into (sort them later) and remembering what a program called

"setup.exe" does is not gonna happen, and I can't always be bothered reinstalling to find out the manually

rename the file.

And a bug:

The more times I click rescan, I get another copy of the "Site Advisor" toolbar in the list :)

The bug is already solved in the next version. The suggestion will be done.

May new toolbars added to the detection file thanks to the help of TwistedMetal (he currently is responsible for exactly 50% of the toolbars that are in the detection file. Just click the update button in the program.

Version 1.0 is scheduled to be released on Saturday the 1st of September 2007. The following items have already been updated for the 1.0 release:

- Fixed a small bug in the caption code

- Changed the update procedure

- [0000001] Error after display of options form (eagle00789)

- [0000005] Need more logfile entries (eagle00789)

- [0000011] automaticly send bugreports on crashes (eagle00789)

- [0000014] Risklevels for high risk toolbars (eagle00789)

- [0000015] List index out of bounds (-1) (eagle00789)

The following items will be updated in the 1.0 release:

- [0000007] Command Line Parameters missing (/? /auto /update)

- Many, many, Many new toolbars to be detected. including a few high-risk ones. The High-risk toolbars are automaticly added to the list of toolbars to delete, to make it more easy to delete them.

- [0000012] There is no helpfile in the program available.

if you find any bugs, you can mail them to me at bugs@decomputeur.nl or report them in the bugtracker.

To find the bugtracker, goto toolbar uninstaller's site, login (or register at the site) and click on bugs

The easy-est way is to report them by mail at the above adress. that way they will also be automaticly added to the bugtracker

Would your program help with this?

(Background, maybe unrelated: I have an annoying pop-up-like automatic connection to IE related to Spyware Detector (which I neither have nor want) every time I boot up)

I downloaded and ran CCleaner for the 1st time, and upon restarting, on top of the above "pop-up" I got one about Yahoo Toolbar, and both were difficult to close. I'm not sure what to do or even the exact question to ask. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 that came with factory installed Vista Home Basic.

Thanks

Would your program help with this?

(Background, maybe unrelated: I have an annoying pop-up-like automatic connection to IE related to Spyware Detector (which I neither have nor want) every time I boot up)

I downloaded and ran CCleaner for the 1st time, and upon restarting, on top of the above "pop-up" I got one about Yahoo Toolbar, and both were difficult to close. I'm not sure what to do or even the exact question to ask. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 that came with factory installed Vista Home Basic.

Thanks

The Yahoo toolbar may have come with CCleaner if you didn't untick the box during install, that toolbar uninstaller should get rid of that. But the pop up issue sounds like an infection of some sort, you should post a HijackThis log in the log section of the forum:

Instructions here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=10965

Post log here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

• 1 year later...
Dude...is there any Malware in it? I asked because the website's rating is not good.

Don't you think in all the time this topic's been here one of us might have noticed if it was malware. Where are you getting the idea the site is dodgy from?