Toolbar Uninstaller

eagle00789

I have written a small program that will detect and (if selected) uninstall selected toolbars that are installed in Internet Explorer and FireFox.

For a list of toolbars that we currently can detect and remove, check this page for firefox or check this page for internet explorer

The actions that it is going to support are:

• No actions need to be added right now

The actions it currently already fully or partially supports

• Application (Te see if it is a toolbar for IE or Firefox)*
  • Detect (to find if the toolbar is installed)*
  • DeleteFile (to delete extra files that are not in the abovementioned folder)*
  • DeleteFolder (to determine wich folder is needed to remove and then removed)*
  • EditFile (to delete settings out of files)*
  • ToolbarName (very import internal toolbarname for firefox as the toolbars from firefox are removed at the official way by FireFox (toolbar@alexa.com for the Alexa toolbar)({3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c}
    for the Google Toolbar) and so forth)*

(items marked with a * are tested and working for firefox and IE, items marked with a * are tested and working for IE only, items marked with a * are tested and working for Firefox only)

See the attached screenshot to see how it looks.

If you have any suggestions on to change the look perhaps or anything else before i'm going to release it, please post it here.

The website can be found here: Toolbar.decomputeur.nl

For a direct link to the program, click here

There is a forum available for any bugs, suggestions and other things...

New toolbars can be submitted using 2 forms. the first form only ask for the toolbarname and website.

The other ask a lot more information that will be explained later

post-14759-1185839543_thumb.jpg

post-14759-1185839543_thumb.jpg

If you're looking for any help with anything let me know (I have some web space and I've been doing web development for the greater part of six years, my services are free for any author of freeware).

IPB Image

sorry to dissapoint you, but i already have been offered soch things, but i can handle those myself. the website will be launched together with the program itself. I already have betatesters and i already have a mirror for the program.

But thanks for your offer. i appreciate it :D

No disappointment, lol. If you don't want my bandwidth, I'm A-OK with it :P. I will take this moment, however, to brag about my host - asmallorange.com is quite excellent and if any of you are looking for hosting, it should be the first place you go to.

IPB Image

• Moderators

Found a few minor bugs.

When you move your mouse over the minimize button, the update button takes it's place, and it reads tbk in the taskbar.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

strange. the program is being developed on that same os. including the SP. i will try to see if i can find a bug. if i don't find it, i will increase the distance between the update button and the other buttons to see if that helps.

i couldn't find any bug around that code, but i have increased the space between it. maybe that it will help. tbk in the taskbar is gone AND i gave the update button a tooltip. Unfortunately, i discovered a bug in the update code, wich prevents the program update from automaticly downloading and installing. so for this version, you have to do that manually. it will be updated in about 5 minutes from the time of this post...

the installer creates just a few files:

in the programfiles folder (or the folder of your choice) it creates the folder Toolbar Uninstaller

In that folder it will create an empty folder updates specially for the downloaded updates. (a future version will delete the contents of that folder automaticly)

furthermore it creates the files tbk.exe, detection.dat, unins000.dat and unins000.exe

Your best bet and would be better anyways. Replace the Exit button with Update, the Exit is in a bad spot, and is not necessary.

i guess i missed your screenshot, but as i can see it, the bug is not in the program, but is has to do with your skin. the skin you are using uses extra wide buttons in that corner, but i like you suggestion of removing the exit button and change it to an update button...

If there are more users that would like this, please tell me and it will be changed asap.

• Moderators

The reason I say is... CCleaner use to have an Exit button, but all in all, it was pointless to have it. Many use skins (the one I use is very popular). I just suggested that because it will probably help out in the long run.

FYI, it still cuts off, but just a little.

I am heading out to see the new Bourne movie right now. I will start working on the new icon when I get back. I already have an idea of what I am going to do.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

Just had a little look at your software, can appreciate the work you've put in, and judging by the amount shown on here you'll have work for many years!!

http://www.toolbarstation.com/List_of_Toolbars.html

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com