Video

agumon

what programs you guys use when watching videos...? this include watching video cd (*.dat files)...? anything better than windows media player...?

--==aGumon==--

• Moderators

For video I just use Windows Media Player, since I'm not really into watching stuff on my PC, let alone editing it. I still prefer setting in my recliner in my AV room for video watching, and when need be can do some nice editing with my equipment -- mostly to remove those damned commercials.

anything better than windows media player...?

Yes, anything is.

I use WMP 10 almost 99% of the time... otherwise I use VideoLAN client (VLC - videolan.org) to play things WMP 10 crashes on (i.e., bad rips).

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Cyberlink PowerDVD is about the only player that I have found that will play those DivX movies that are in wierd formats. Convert them with Divx to DVD (and a few other in/out formats), and Cyberlink will play the file.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

• Moderators
Loving Quicktime is like loving fat women.  It's all about the bloat.

<_<

Ok, but what is wrong with it? Does it install malware or something, or waste a lot of space? I've been using it for a long time and have had no problems with it. Its deffinately better than realplayer and wmp. For music I usually use winamp or recently quintissential player.

btw, does anyone here use winamps stream ripper add on? I love it, I let it run all night and wake up with at least 50-60 good songs.

<_<

Ok, but what is wrong with it? Does it install malware or something, or waste a lot of space? I've been using it for a long time and have had no problems with it. Its deffinately better than realplayer and wmp. For music I usually use winamp or recently quintissential player.

btw, does anyone here use winamps stream ripper add on? I love it, I let it run all night and wake up with at least 50-60 good songs.

Quicktime is bloated. Quicktime Alternative is not.

Ok, so where can I get quicktime alternative and what is less bloated about it? Plus untill I get rid of that stupid error 1606 I probably cant install it anyway.

Search these forums for Quicktime Alternative. I suggest it a lot with HijackThis logs.

Quicktime is bloated.  Quicktime Alternative is not.

Concurr, (DjLizard correct my spellin , pleese) If you are going to use Quicktime ,use Quicktime Alternative....Although I am not qualified to make recommendations because I don't use it much...... B)

Although I am not qualified to make recommendations because I don't use it much...... B)

I don't use it much either, though I know it's better and less bloated because I have an excellent teacher.

Concurr...(Dj correct my spellin pleese)..I like this word B)

BTW , I like your elequence :lol:

I believe you mean concur. Also, wouldn't it be eloquence?

I don't use it much either, though I know it's better and less bloated because I have an excellent teacher.

I believe you mean concur.  Also, wouldn't it be eloquence?

You might be right about the spelling of both words , I'll dig up the Dictionary..but I was trying to nudge DjLizard from silent slumber... :lol:

Do you concur?

I thought Dj was the spell checker around here... :lol:

You might be right about the spelling of both words , I'll dig up the Dictionary..but I was trying to nudge DjLizard from silent slumber... :lol:

Do you concur?

I thought Dj was the spell checker around here... :lol:

I've thought about being an english professor too actually. I help my fianc?e a lot, can spot typos in newspapers and on tv without trying. I've even gotten after Dj once or twice when he tried to correct someone, I think...

I've thought about being an english professor too actually.  I help my fianc?e a lot, can spot typos in newspapers and on tv without trying.  I've even gotten after Dj once or twice when he tried to correct someone, I think...

College Professor...Hummm..My cousin graduated Berkley with PHD in Economics , Master in Physics and He was so overqualified in the private sector that He could not get a job , so He took an offer to teach in College..Now He gets to go to England (Oxford) to give lectures 2x's a yr. all expenses paid and somewhere else at the College expense...He was a Math Wizard . I saw (get this) 1 mathematical equation that was 80 pages in length. I got lost after the 1st page....Where do you use these kind of formula's...Maybe Einstein would be able to give an answer. My cousin couldn't come up with an answer..