CCleaner won't Clean!

Zoom7000

Right, so seeing as I'm new, I'd better just say how brilliant a program this is, and wish the author much succcess with future releases!

Anyway, now that's out of the way, for the first time in many years of using CCleaner, I've finally encountered a problem. The latest version (1.41.544) won't actually clean my cookies. I'm not sure if it is cleaning anything else, but it isn't cleaning the cookies. I usually have all the options ticked and they are in this case (Except Window Size and User Assist History - Not relevant here). When I initially do an analyze I get this report:

post-14827-1185265979_thumb.jpg

I then run the cleaner and it tells me it has cleaned. If I do another analysis, it tells me 0 bytes to be removed. However, when I start up Firefox again, I go to a forum I usually visit, and I find that I am still logged in. (It has remembered the cookie) Infact, it's even remembered the cookie for this forum. I have closed down Firefox totally and typed this message in Notepad, and there are no Firefox processes running. If I fire up CCleaner again, and I do an analayze the cookie has come back. I have checked that the Firefox Cookies options and everything else to do with Firefox is selected in CCleaner. So my question is, why will it not clean?

What secure delete method have you chosen? Try each and see if it makes a difference.

Also maybe the browser has it remembered, Tools / Options / Security, Click "Show Passwords".

It may be there, this is not the same as a cookie, the browser saves passwords as well.

fireryone

Right, so seeing as I'm new, I'd better just say how brilliant a program this is, and wish the author much succcess with future releases!

Anyway, now that's out of the way, for the first time in many years of using CCleaner, I've finally encountered a problem. The latest version (1.41.544) won't actually clean my cookies. I'm not sure if it is cleaning anything else, but it isn't cleaning the cookies. I usually have all the options ticked and they are in this case (Except Window Size and User Assist History - Not relevant here). When I initially do an analyze I get this report:

I then run the cleaner and it tells me it has cleaned. If I do another analysis, it tells me 0 bytes to be removed. However, when I start up Firefox again, I go to a forum I usually visit, and I find that I am still logged in. (It has remembered the cookie) Infact, it's even remembered the cookie for this forum. I have closed down Firefox totally and typed this message in Notepad, and there are no Firefox processes running. If I fire up CCleaner again, and I do an analayze the cookie has come back. I have checked that the Firefox Cookies options and everything else to do with Firefox is selected in CCleaner. So my question is, why will it not clean?

So my question is, why will it not clean?

There is would be few answers

1 you got virus in temp folder like a trojan. download Unlocker 1.85 go to temp folder and remove those files

2 look on [#] tray notification cache. It is look like you hot somethink on right down side of your screen

Make sure you close all run programm befor run CC, and you'll see it would clean lot of thinks

Sometimes I have a similar problem, it'll completely miss things. For instance, today it just didn't clean the temp folder at all, didn't even show the files with analyze, and I only noticed when I opened spacemonger afterward. (The temp files were older, they hadn't just been made.) However, when I reran it (CCleaner was still open in the background), without changing a single setting, this time it picked up and deleted all of the %temp% files. o.O

This is a similar problem so I didn't start a new thread.

I was having a problem with CCleaner not cleaning all my cookies when I upgraded to Firefox v2.0.0.5. It cleared some but not all.

I uninstalled and went back to v2.0.04, now CCleaner cleans all my cookies just fine.

I rely on CCleaner to clean all cookies at the end of the day so I'll be logged out of all boards that I'm a member of.

IE7, Opera and Firefox. Until I updated FF to v2.0.0.5!

That's when the problem started!

I even tried other cache cleaners.

ATF-Cleaner was the only one that worked but I had to clean each browser one at a time!

CCleaner cleans the cache in all 3 browsers in one click.

Others here with the same problem.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18694166-...leased~start=40

My post at MozillaZine Forum

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...2996090#2996090

Cookies not cleaned seems like they are IPB related forums.

If I need to start a new post just let me know.

I was having a problem with CCleaner not cleaning all my cookies when I upgraded to Firefox v2.0.0.5. It cleared some but not all.

I uninstalled and went back to v2.0.04, now CCleaner cleans all my cookies just fine.

I rely on CCleaner to clean all cookies at the end of the day so I'll be logged out of all boards that I'm a member of.

Ummm--- I have Firefox 2.0.0.6---Don't know if that makes a difference...

AJ

I even tried other cache cleaners.

ATF-Cleaner was the only one that worked but I had to clean each browser one at a time!

CCleaner cleans the cache in all 3 browsers in one click.

Others here with the same problem.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18694166-...leased~start=40

My post at MozillaZine Forum

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...2996090#2996090

Cookies not cleaned seems like they are IPB related forums.

If I need to start a new post just let me know.

The problem is an uncommon form of cookie, not often used, which looks like this in the cookies.txt:

#HttpOnly_.forum.piriform.com TRUE / FALSE 1186785748 pass_hash <censored>

#HttpOnly_msdn2.microsoft.com FALSE / FALSE 1191595107 .ASPXANONYMOUS <censored>

etc.

As you can see, these have #HttpOnly_ prefixed, which screws up CCleaner's parser. It's not a firefox bug at all, except that firefox has only recently begun treating these differently.

I've added this to the list of fixes to put in v2.0 :)

Thank you so much MrG! :D

It's a top notch program and appreciate the developer and all who keep it that way!

I know of many people from several boards that use CCleaner.

I'm having the same problem. I don't know if it's cleaning anything. I have it set to "run on startup". I use Windows Vista, and it worked perfectly on my old compouter which was XP. It doesn't clean the Recycle bin, it doesn't clear internet history or anything. I use IE. Can anyone help?!