CCleaner shuts down @ run cleaner ( I have 7/13/07 version)

• Moderators

Could you just give a bit more information balloonatic. :)

Are you XP or Vista?

Are you saying you have the 1.41 version, if so where did you download it from?

Are you saying that when you open CCleaner and do analyse and then the run cleaner button there is some left over that isn't cleaned?

Are you able to show a screenshot of what's left to help us try to solve your problem?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Could you just give a bit more information balloonatic. :)

Are you XP or Vista?

Are you saying you have the 1.41 version, if so where did you download it from?

Are you saying that when you open CCleaner and do analyse and then the run cleaner button there is some left over that isn't cleaned?

Are you able to show a screenshot of what's left to help us try to solve your problem?

XP,

Filehippo,

yes,

I don't know how to use screenshot.

• Moderators

Some instructions that may help you do a screenshot of your problem...

Take a screenshot of your screen by pressing the PrtScrn button once (to the right of the F12 button)

Do start, all programs, accessories, paint.

Do edit, paste. Then file, save as file type jpeg or png (important,) and name it something you will remember and save it in my documents or my pics, where you will find it.

Then go here

http://www.imageshack.us/

Press the upload button and browse to where your file is on your computer and click open.

Then click host it! When it gets to the next page, (can take a minute) click once in the second line down to highlight it, and then right-click on it and choose copy.

At the forum in your post, right-click and choose paste, then press the add reply button. You won’t be able to see the picture just the address until you post your reply.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Then go here

http://www.imageshack.us/

Press the upload button and browse to where your file is on your computer and click open.

Then click host it! When it gets to the next page, (can take a minute) click once in the second line down to highlight it, and then right-click on it and choose copy.

At the forum in your post, right-click and choose paste, then press the add reply button. You won’t be able to see the picture just the address until you post your reply.

This is OT but why not just use the forums own hosting, ie click upload on the reply page? Surely alot easier?

Sorry, I confused the issue. I meant use the forums own upload system to attach the screenshot Hazel asked for. Follow her instructions on how to take the screenshot showing whats left in CCleaner, then upload the screenshot with your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

This started happening to me too! I have used CCleaner forever (with great results!!) but all of a sudden it's giving me problems. I click "analyze" and get this:

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0.897 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.07MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of files to be deleted (Note: No files have been deleted yet)

IE Temporary Internet Files (163 files) 0.91MB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log 67 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\A Jones\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol 348 bytes

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\defs.ref.old 1.16MB

When I click "Run Cleaner" the program shuts down. Help??

Thanks,

Angie