Belkin Wireless Adapter

xbrianx

I got a Belkin Wireless router(G band) and a Belkin Wireless USB Adapter. I have had my adapter for plugged in for all of 2 days maybe, and it pretty much works when it wants to. First off, it doesn't even work in the desktop stand that it came with(somehow, the USB stick doesn't connect all of the way). And, every time you change USB slots, you constantly have to install/ find the drivers for the adapter, and sometimes it's not even recognized, even when you load the drivers from the disk. On top of all of that, the connection is gets is horrible, and unstable. I have pulled the power from the router and DSL modem, and restarted my computer, and it still didn't connect. I was lucky enough to get it connect(I must say that I didn't do anything. I turned off my computer and came back later to try again and it connected without problems). But, right now, the adapter is setting on the top of my desk beside my monitor, and it keeps changing speed. It was setting on my tower and I had 2 MBits/s!!!!!!! Then, 5.5MBits, 11 MBits, then back to the normal section of 24-54MB. Now, it is 18MBits/s.

Has anyone had this problem? :blink: It is getting really annoying. I don't recommend the adapter to anyone. I'm probably gonna get a card soon if this adapter doesn't work properly.

I have also Googled a bit and on one forum, a guy contacted Belkin and they told him to "deal with it himself".