CCleaner has encountered a problem and needs to close

I have not have any problem in the past, but ever since v1.39.502 I run into "CCleaner has encountered a problem and needs to close" whenever I clicked "Run Cleaner". This problem appears in both v1.39.502 and the current v1.40.520. No problem in v1.38.485 and earlier versions.

I have tried reinstalling VB6 runtime SP6 and rebooted many times, however, problem still presist.

The machine has VS6, VS2003, and VS2005 installed, not sure if they're causing conflict. Anyone else has this problem and found a solution?

Cheers!

I have not have any problem in the past, but ever since v1.39.502 I run into "CCleaner has encountered a problem and needs to close" whenever I clicked "Run Cleaner". This problem appears in both v1.39.502 and the current v1.40.520. No problem in v1.38.485 and earlier versions.

I have tried reinstalling VB6 runtime SP6 and rebooted many times, however, problem still presist.

The machine has VS6, VS2003, and VS2005 installed, not sure if they're causing conflict. Anyone else has this problem and found a solution?

Cheers!

Hi,

i posted exactly the same problem here "SAME PROB". But noone had an idea to solve the problem :( I tried everything from new install, delete of the .ini file, i changed the options, etc. but nothing works for me. :(

It does not happen when i change the option from "Secure file deletion" to "Normal file deletion". I prefere "Secure deletion", so i still use v1.38. Makes me not happy :huh:

Guest Matrix Daviau
Hi,

i posted exactly the same problem here "SAME PROB". But noone had an idea to solve the problem :( I tried everything from new install, delete of the .ini file, i changed the options, etc. but nothing works for me. :(

It does not happen when i change the option from "Secure file deletion" to "Normal file deletion". I prefer "Secure deletion", so i still use v1.38. Makes me not happy :huh:

I had the same problem, solved it by unchecking all deletion boxes then enabling them one at a time, run cleaner until I found the culprit (in my machine anyhow). It was Windows log files for whatever reason. I left this unchecked and now CC works fine in any mode. Try that, it may be a similar problem.

I had the same problem, solved it by unchecking all deletion boxes then enabling them one at a time, run cleaner until I found the culprit (in my machine anyhow). It was Windows log files for whatever reason. I left this unchecked and now CC works fine in any mode. Try that, it may be a similar problem.

:unsure: i did exactly the same searching the "evil" check-box :D But did not work for me. Strange thing.

Brilliant!

The item causing problem was Autocomplete Form History under Internet Explorer, it's all good after unticking that box. I don't auto complete forms in IE anyway, so missing that bit doesn't bother me.

In case someone wants to dig further, the version of IE is 7.0.5730.11 on WindowsXP 5.1.2600 SP2.

Cheers!