A-squared updates.

Anthony A

Couple weeks ago A-squared updated to version 3. Since then there have been about 10 program updates! I am not exaggerating here. It seems every couple days these guys are updating the app. Obviously version 3 was not ready for prime time but this is ridiculous. I feel like I'm an unwilling beta tester. This crap should have been worked out before they released 3 and forced the update on it's users. Their forum is of no help. I am involved in a couple threads there and had to get rude in one of them before one of the clowns from A-squared bothered to reply. I liked this app but am seriously considering kicking it to the curb.

• Moderators

Why bitch about it on these forums? If you think it's s**t simply uninstall it and be done with it. ;)

According to many people it produces too many false positives. I had liked it very shortly then decided I really had no use for it and thus uninstalled it.

Why bitch about it on these forums? If you think it's s**t simply uninstall it and be done with it. ;)

According to many people it produces too many false positives. I had liked it very shortly then decided I really had no use for it and thus uninstalled it.

I had no false positives with it. No problem with it until the update to 3.0. Just giving people a warning about what is happening with it.

• Moderators
If it makes you feel any better I've thought this program was crap for years. :)

I know you've thought of it that way 'cause you've said so a few times! :lol:

After they changed their registration process of not having to register anymore (the registration in the past would never get into my Opera Mail) I was finally able to try it, and it didn't take long for me to also come to the conclusion you've had for years that it is indeed crap.

• Moderators
I had no false positives with it. No problem with it until the update to 3.0. Just giving people a warning about what is happening with it.

You're lucky it didn't give you any false positives since it's a common complaint of people that use it.

Seems allot of peoples in the past cherished security apps are going down the toilet nowadays, and either becoming bloated s**tware with some resource sucking process that constantly runs and must run for the apps to function, or some Mickey Mouse GUI that only small children would appreciate.