HijackThis Converter

Tarun

With having a tech support hobby (and potential future job) I steadily grew tired of constantly having to write out what to do. I decided to make an application where I could simply paste or import HijackThis logs and convert them to BBCode or HTML. This does not have a whitelist at this time but it has been suggested and I will try to implement one. After all, this is my first Delphi based application as I move away from Visual Basic 6. Oh, also; the Windows XP theme in use is the Luna Element theme.

HijackThis log tab:

HJTConverter01.gif

BBCode tab:

HJTConverter02.gif

HTML tab:

HJTConverter03.gif

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

This software is NOT available for download.

Do NOT send me a PM asking for it or I will either ignore you, or post it so everyone will laugh.

With having a tech support hobby (and potential future job) I steadily grew tired of constantly having to write out what to do. I decided to make an application where I could simply paste or import HijackThis logs and convert them to BBCode or HTML. This does not have a whitelist at this time but it has been suggested and I will try to implement one. After all, this is my first Delphi based application as I move away from Visual Basic 6. Oh, also; the Windows XP theme in use is the Royale theme.

HijackThis_Converter_by_Tarun_Nightfyre.jpg

Questions?  Comments?  Suggestions?

OK, beautiful screenshot!  Now please, step by step, how did you do that?  I tried making some, however, when I'd preview it there would only be some sort of dialogue, no screenshot.

1. Click on the window that you want to take a screenshot of to give it focus.

2. Press and hold ALT and then press Prt Scrn.

3. Open an application such as MSPaint, Photoshop, The Gimp, etc.

4. Press Ctrl and V to Paste the screenshot. (Alternatively you can go to Edit > Paste)

5. Click on File and go to Save As....

6. Save the file as jpg for posting on the Internet.

7. Distribute your new screenshot!

Note: I used Photoshop for this screenshot so it would look better but not be a massive bitmap file.

I thought we were talking about dogs! Oh, the shame of it all.2 hail marys and call me in the morning.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

If you were to put this program public, it would be real nice...and you leave you with more time on your hands!

In fact, you should contact whoever is behind HijackThis, and offer you're program as a crucial add-on!

Seriously, hijackthis is a great program, but can't be used by most people, lack of knowledge...You're program would allow any amature tu use that program effectively...

anyways, my 02 cents...

Snowy

If you were to put this program public, it would be real nice...and you leave you with more time on your hands!

In fact, you should contact whoever is behind HijackThis, and offer you're program as a crucial add-on!

Seriously, hijackthis is a great program, but can't be used by most people, lack of knowledge...You're program would allow any amature tu use that program effectively...

anyways, my 02 cents...

Snowy

I may just look into that. Thing is though, is that a user whom knows what their doing may find it better as a standalone application; rather than as a HijackThis bundle. I dunno though. I run HijackThis Converter more than HijackThis.

what to do with this program?

See here for a good example. You still have to manually clean it but it helps with posts.

See here for a good example. You still have to manually clean it but it helps with posts

oh... so it generate a more detailed information...

--==aGumon==--

It's a beautifyer, so that the end-user can read the output better.. and the tech can truncate useless information faster

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

It's a beautifyer, so that the end-user can read the output better.. and the tech can truncate useless information faster

but from the screen shot, i also see some sentence saying safe to remove...

--==aGumon==--

Yeh, he typed that in the program himself. Technically, EVERYTHING Hijack This! shows you is safe to remove, but it doesn't mean you should remove it.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Yeh, he typed that in the program himself. Technically, EVERYTHING hijack this shows you is safe to remove, but it doesn't mean you should remove it.

oh...

--==aGumon==--