Can you guys please add the following programs?

Panarchy

Can you guys please add the following programs?;

DivX Player (And converter etcetra)

Adobe Photoshop CS3 (And since most people are still using CS2 maybe that as well)

uTorrent (And maybe other torrent programs)

Limewire

And could you please also remake the change startup items tool?

Thanks in advanced,

Panarchy

In talking about Limewire, are you talking about the search history? Because whenever I use CCleaner after using Limewire, or just shut down Limewire, the history is gone.

What gets cleaned in Photoshop??

AJ

Limewire has already been added to the winapp2 file by a very kind Twisted Metal. It cleans the incomplete folder. I can tell you now it does work as i have used it after each use of Limewire, althrough i'am not sure what other logs limewire could be making after each use, eg search history etc. As for uTorrent, that would be welcome as i find torrents very useful for apps etc. I perfer uTorrent best out of all the torrent clients (but thats just me).

• 3 weeks later...
I think a little patience is required...

No one has to do anything here. If your lucky someone might be able to help - otherwise your out of luck.

Also there are many programs that people request for adding to CCleaner, the only way to please everyone would be to add every program in existence. But that isn't practical which is why the 'Custom files and Folders' option and winapp2 cleaning exist so people can add whatever programs they want.

• Moderators
Also there are many programs that people request for adding to CCleaner, the only way to please everyone would be to add every program in existence. But that isn't practical which is why the 'Custom files and Folders' option and winapp2 cleaning exist so people can add whatever programs they want.

Exactly! If people would just at the very minimum study the winapp2.ini file or even the winapp.ini file included with CC they'd be able to figure out how to craft their own cleaning routines.

As for adding torrent clients like uTorrent, etc., I don't really think it would be that practical because if you have something like CC remove .torrent files you may end up with some rather serious headaches like lost downloads, etc.

• Moderators
Exactly! If people would just at the very minimum study the winapp2.ini file or even the winapp.ini file included with CC they'd be able to figure out how to craft their own cleaning routines.

As for adding torrent clients like uTorrent, etc., I don't really think it would be that practical because if you have something like CC remove .torrent files you may end up with some rather serious headaches like lost downloads, etc.

Figuring out how to make entries really isn't that hard. If I can do it, anyone can. I only know a very bit of programming (just enough for NSIS), making entries is really easy. It's just copying and pasting the directory or registry string location. You can do it all just by right clicking, the only thing that people might not get is the parameters, but I have them all listed in the Beginner's Guide in plain English.

Some programs you just can't add (like Photoshop CS3), programs nowadays can getting more compact with their files and only using the registry when they have too. You will notice all the big software companies will store all their history, settings, options, and so on in one file. But, all the smaller independent software companies/people will store them in the registry (sometimes in an ini file). It's just easier to program that way.

As far as torrent clients I agree with Andavari on this, I did have a torrent client in winapp2.ini, but removed it. It would clean the .torrent file, but it would clear all your part downloads or current downloads. So, I doubt I will be adding anymore torrent clients to winapp2.ini.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• 1 month later...

What about the other programs listed?

And can you make a thing for word (or just word 2007) that makes it so that when you 'pin' something in the history it stays pinned even after a CClean?

Thanks in advanced,

Panarchy