ZIP-ADEE-DODA-ZIP-A-DEEDAY

SkeeterBeeter

Any takes on 7-ZIP as a Zip Compression Utility? I am currently using "JUSTZIPIT" (Any takes on this one..) but the compression is limited to ZIP and doesn't compress to my liking .

Advantages of 7-ZIP are ,it's free  and the compression choices are many and seems to compress better.

I have narrowed my list to either 7-ZIP or POCO ZIP.

7-Zip also has small footprint and uses less resources as POCO ZIP . POCO ZIP on the other hand does have a nice interface.7-ZIP does have an edge on all the others I have tried with compression rates.

However , Thanks to everyone that has replied . Winrar was considered but ruled it out because is slightly slower , takes too much resources but the interface was nice looking.

i uses powerarchiver... very cool... and it also support 7-zip format, both compress and extract...

Can't seem to pull the trigger on Power Archiver because , well , it costs $20.00.

I'm a tight wad when it comes to money . This would be my second choice though.....

Try IZarc: It's free, supports many formats (except it doesn't encode into RAR, nothing but WinRAR does that though...)...all in all a good program:

http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/izarc.htm

Never came across this one in my search for the ultimate zip compressor...I'll have a Look-See , thanks for posting the URL...

Can't seem to pull the trigger on Power Archiver because , well , it costs $20.00.

I'm a tight wad when it comes to money . This would be my second choice though.....

i didnt buy it... my is still under shareware... as for why i like it... i not sure either...

why not you ask others why they use winrar...? winrar is also a shareware...

--==aGumon==--

i didnt buy it... my is still under shareware... as for why i like it... i not sure either...

why not you ask others why they use winrar...? winrar is also a shareware...

2 advantages of Wirar are to me , 1.1MB download (small) , Able to compress and uncompress RAR files....Also , interface looks good.

I am stuck with "Just ZipIt" can only zip & unzip zip files using Deflate64 for lrge files and I am currently thinking about "Zip Genius" also free but 5.98MB , bit large for a Compression Program........Bloat...........Thanks for the post though... :)

2 advantages of Wirar are to me , 1.1MB download (small) , Able to compress and uncompress RAR files....Also , interface looks good.

i have not try winrar before... maybe i should give it a try... :)

--==aGumon==--