Free Cyberhawk Pro

Humpty

• Moderators

I know what a zero day is I just didn't know what specific one "with over 200 variants" you were talking about.

Like I said I've never run into any problems with them. Usually you get them from questionable sites, p2p, and all of the other stuff I would classify as "stupid crap" from my first post. :D There are the rare occasions where just normal sites get hacked with them but its not something that happens very often on sites that normal surfurs go to.(except wasn't there something that happened on myspace at one time? It could be said those people deserved it anyway though. :P)

I just downloaded sandboxie. It used about 7mb of ram which is acceptable.

Maybe it was Geswall or the other one that I used that was around 20mb? I cant remember it has been a while since I used those programs.

One thing I liked about sandboxie that I just noticed is that if you don't have it load up with the computer and you click its icon it will lauch IE if you have it sandboxed.(so it would be simple to hide the fact that its running(which I don't recommend anyone doing(hiding it) because chances are the person will be pissed once you clear the sandbox and all of their files are gone.) I might play with it a little more later but I probably won't keep it.(don't need it.)

I didn't check how much ram usage my AV used at reboot (because I didn't reboot. :P) but right now AVG is using less then 2mb of ram. Which like I said isn't a huge impact on system performance(neither is sandboxie but to be fair you can't say all AVs are "sap sucking ect".) Lets be honest though most people have so much crap starting up with their pcs already a decent antivirus(not bloated junk like mcafee) isn't going to slow down start up much because by the time everything else is loaded their av will have loaded too.

Not updating windows is a bad idea. I guess if people are like you and "virtualize" their whole drive then its ok but those zero days your so worried about become useless after their patched in windows update(to all outsiders reading UPDATE WINDOWS!!). Yeah I know that after the fact patching isn't great but its better then nothing at all. I guess there are occasions when updates can cause problems but I haven't noticed it happen on any of my computers. On a side note I can't wait for SP3 to come out! It will be so much easier to upate reformated computers. :D

• Moderators
Installed and on reboot, system would not reboot until I chose the option to start system at last stable point or something like that.

Cyberhawk right?(sorry about the off topic posts everyone. :P)

Next time something like that happens try booting into safe mode and uninstalling. That way you can avoid using system restore. :D

Cyberhawk right?(sorry about the off topic posts everyone. :P )

Next time something like that happens try booting into safe mode and uninstalling. That way you can avoid using system restore. :D

Maybe it wasn't Cyberhawk for me. I just downloaded RegScan and tried it. I followed the install with ZSoft and upon reboot I got the same screen with the Safe Mode prompts and the Start with Last Known Configuration. I followed your advice about safe mode. The computer shutdown like it was going to reboot and went back to the same screen. I tried this several times with the same result. I tried safe mode with command prompt with no avail. So I did the last known working config and it worked. When the computer booted RegScan was running, which I thought was weird. I cancelled it out and tried to restart my computer. It restarted fine. I've never had problems installing new software. Avira free, Superantispyware, and AVG Anti-Spyware all come up with nada. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated!

What is regscan?

I'm assuming is a registry cleaner right? If so there is no telling what it could have mucked up. :( Does the program make back ups?

My bad.. ScanDefrag, I read about it in the new JKDefrag post. I had used or installed it until just now. This reboot problem first happened after the Cyberhawk Pro install earlier today. Before this, never had a problem.

I have a system checkpoint from two days ago if need be. I haven't done a lot since then so I won't be losing much!

• Moderators

After looking around it seems that people who do have a problem with cyberhawk have the same problem as Madmartigan, the uninstall after it froze their system.

Safe mode + restore seems to be what most have to do to get rid of it.

I must admit I am a bit wary of programs that make uninstall difficult.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
You're not alone there. :)

I also had to uninstall PC Tools Firewall Plus. Strange how it worked without a problem for several weeks then out of nowhere started causing havoc. I'm back to using just the Windows Firewall.