Free Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.5

hazelnut

• Moderators

I'm not sure what the difference is in 5 and 6. The only obvious one is that 5 doesn't have the back up feature(which I never even considered using anyway). They are about the same thing so I'm not sure why one would take forever to read the discs and the older one doesn't. Strange, but thats the way it is. :D

• Moderators
This version of the program has not worked well for me. It kept saying it couldnt read my blank dvds or it would take forever for it to do so. I switched back to version 5 which has not let me down yet. :)

It could be your DVD drive that it doesn't fully support - I had to stop using an old version of Easy CD Creator many years ago because it didn't notice my new CD-RW drive.

Can someone who has burned a DVD do a scan using one of these utilities and post it here? I've been scanning my disks for several years, and these utilities are indispensable in telling you whether your disk is worth keeping or not. A very low score indicates that you probably have a disk that has nicks or scratches even before you used it.

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html

Direct link:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_4773.zip

or

http://www.cdrlabs.com/kprobe/

I don't think you need Nero to use the first one as it's freeware (so is Kprobe).

Both will tell you what the quality of your burn is, and they have a button so that you can copy the graph to a png or jpg file.

High PIE and PIF totals mean that either the disk is bad, the software needs configuring, your hardware needs a firmware upgrade or needs to be replaced. (PIE stands for parity inner errors and PIF mean parity inner failures. A high PIE score isn't that bad, but many PIF's usually mean the disk wont's be playable).

Ex. CD-DVD speed scan:

clipboard09bx4.jpg

Ex. Kprobe scan:

h.jpg

Note that the person who posted those scans used MCC 003 and MCC 004 disks which are manufactured by Mitsubishi Chemicals and are usually sold with the Verbatim logo. The MIT (made in Taiwan) disks are very good quality. Verbatim's manufactured in other countries are iffy. The best disks you can get are manufactured by Taiyo Yuden in Japan. Sony and Fuji had used TY as their manufacturer but no longer do. The only way I know of to purchase them is over the net.

Is there a way to get the registration key before installing, or do I have to install it first, apply for the key, and then uninstall it?

I might want to try it out in the future, but my programs partition is getting a bit full at the moment. :D

I just installed it with powershadow running, no reboot was required, and it hooked me up to the net, got the password sent via a two step email process. Now when I reboot, the program will be gone, but the installer and the emails are on another drive. TaDaaaa. . . :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I burn everything with Version 6.5 best and easiest burning software I have ever used, I bought mine though back at version 4. I have probably had maybe 5 coasters out of hundreds of CD and DVD disc. I use it to burn all my movie DVD's that I copy from Shrink or DVD Fab. Never had a movie that wouldn't play. Most DVD-RW are 4x disk anyways so it just takes longer to erase.

Do yourself a favor and perform a few scans with one of the free utilities above. Then you can really see the quality of the finished product.

Maybe but to be honest I don't really care too much, either works or it doesn't and as yet I've had no problems with Ashampoo (and those graphs don't really mean too much to me anyway).

Maybe but to be honest I don't really care too much, either works or it doesn't and as yet I've had no problems with Ashampoo (and those graphs don't really mean too much to me anyway).

Glad you like the free downloads. We have more exclusive Ashampoo full commercial downloads lined up for Autumn/Winter 2007. I'm pretty pleased with the Ashampoo guys as a) they pro-actively develop new features for their software and B) any upgrades are nominal in value (ie worth the upgrade).

We've got some decent stuff lined up this year, but I need to make sure the Computeractive guys remove the links after the offers have expired :mellow:

Chris/vnunet.com

• Moderators

Glad to read you have more good downloads lined up Chris.

They have gone down well on this forum.

If it makes you feel any better Chris, I actually live in the UK and get ComputerActive every fortnight. :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com