Free Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.5

hazelnut

Thanks Hazel. Been using the last free version they gave away and its a nice simple program.

Surprising to see McAfee Site Advisor marking the Ashampoo site a red site for a browser exploit: "Breached browser security. When we browsed this site, it made unauthorized changes to our test PC"

• Moderators
Surprising to see McAfee Site Advisor marking the Ashampoo site a red site for a browser exploit: "Breached browser security. When we browsed this site, it made unauthorized changes to our test PC"

It probably uninstalled their shi**y security software! :lol:

• Moderators

I've been using studio 5 for a while now and the only difference in 6 is that it looks better and has some sort of back up feature that I will never use. Its great software though and if I didn't keep getting it for free I would probably pay for it. :D

• Moderators

Has anyone burned a DVD-Video ("movie") with it yet, and does the DVD work, or does it make ruined discs/coasters? I'm curious because a different commercial app I was using Cheetah DVD Burner made numerous coasters one after the other when burning DVD-Video, hence the reason I'm currently using ImgBurn.

• Moderators
Has anyone burned a DVD-Video ("movie") with it yet, and does the DVD work, or does it make ruined discs/coasters? I'm curious because a different commercial app I was using Cheetah DVD Burner made numerous coasters one after the other when burning DVD-Video, hence the reason I'm currently using ImgBurn.

Not yet, but I am gonna give it a try just out of curiosity.

I'm still sticking with Shrink + Decrypter as a one operation re-author/encode and burn. Never had a failure yet.

• Moderators

I've made quite a few dvd movies with it. Ripped with dvdfab, shrunk with dvdto5, and then burned with studio 5.(never had a wasted disc with this formula. :D) I don't steal movies though people, I just make copies of movies I buy(which is a lot), so that when people use them they are scratching up copies and not the actual disc. :D Great for traveling too.(I have nephews who break everything they touch. This way if I'm driving and they are watching movies I can let them change the movies on their own).

If you use shrinkto5 make sure you switch the box to the slowest encoding quality for best performance(from what I can tell there is no drop in quality).

• Moderators
Not yet, but I am gonna give it a try just out of curiosity.

I'm still sticking with Shrink + Decrypter as a one operation re-author/encode and burn. Never had a failure yet.

Please give the results after the burn then. :)

Like you using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink have never failed me - they're pretty much idiot proof. After Cheetah made coasters I immediately started using ImgBurn and ImgBurn had some pop up info about how to not create a coaster, needless it say it burned the DVD perfectly with matching MD5 hashes.

You should also give DVDFab HD Decrypter a try if/when DVD Decrypter can't decrypt some newer DRM. Note from what I've noticed a disc has to be in DVDFab HD Decrypter's database in order to rip it otherwise it will refuse to rip it - which is rather annoying versus what DVD Decrypter does. If you do try out DVDFab HD Decrypter you'll have to check often for updates, they update it almost too much.

If you use shrinkto5 make sure you switch the box to the slowest encoding quality for best performance(from what I can tell there is no drop in quality).

I'm glad you're having good results with shrinkto5, because when I used to use it all it did was screw things up such as not being able to fast forward/rewind a DVD movie therefore it had a quick trip to the recycle bin, and eventual deletion when I next ran CCleaner.

• Moderators
You should also give DVDFab HD Decrypter a try if/when DVD Decrypter can't decrypt some newer DRM. Note from what I've noticed a disc has to be in DVDFab HD Decrypter's database in order to rip it otherwise it will refuse to rip it - which is rather annoying versus what DVD Decrypter does. If you do try out DVDFab HD Decrypter you'll have to check often for updates, they update it almost too much.

That's interesting, I thought DVD Fab HD was only for ripping HD DVDs.

When I say above that I've never had a failure with Shrink and Decrypter, I should have been more specific and said I've never had a burn failure.

With Decrypter I have had a decryption failure, which I at first thought was an error on my original disk, but DVD Fab went through that same disk with no problem, and I once again did the burn with the original Decrypter.

I've noted your points on DVD Fab HD. Thanks for that and I'll let you know about Ashampoo.

• Moderators
That's interesting, I thought DVD Fab HD was only for ripping HD DVDs.

Nope. It only recently had the name changed from DVD Fab Decrypter to what it is now. Probably one of the best software titles out of China.

• Moderators
Please give the results after the burn then. :)

Have burned one movie with Ashampoo. No problems and plays fine on standalone DVD player.

In this instance, the source was an ISO image file.

One thing I did find with Ashampoo, is that if you use its "erase disk" feature with a DVD, plan to do something else while you wait.

Don't know if it's doing a super efficient job, or just taking an inordinately long time, but it takes a long time.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Just in case anyone is still needing a good full burning studio free, this was still a live offer yesterday. I set it up for a friend and had no problem getting the registation key.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
Is there a way to get the registration key before installing, or do I have to install it first, apply for the key, and then uninstall it?

I might want to try it out in the future, but my programs partition is getting a bit full at the moment. :D

I don't think there is. You don't have to install it right at this moment, you can wait to whenever you wish to use it to get the license key. Also the registration process is very easy and very fast, and Ashampoo gives you your own login page with all your license keys listed and they'll even email you the license key.

This version of the program has not worked well for me. It kept saying it couldnt read my blank dvds or it would take forever for it to do so. I switched back to version 5 which has not let me down yet. :)

Works great for me and is the only burning program I use now.